Chapter Twevle.

I kept looking behind me every five seconds at out paranoia and just knowing hungry wolves are out here doesn't help. Kaden better be lucky that he's my best friend or I would have gone back to the party.

"Okay, Jesse, times up.", Logan said, grabbing my hand.

"Wait, five more minutes.", I begged, looking around. I know I'm going to regret this, "Kaden, where are you-", I was cut off when Logan wrapped his hands around my mouth and I mumbled behind them for him to move them.

"Jesse, don't do that!", he whispered. "God knows how close that wolf we heard is close.",

He moved his hand, "But Logan, please-",

He shook his head, "No, even I'm sure Kaden went back when he realized how dumb it was to go out here. He'll be fine, he's a big boy.",

"But-",

He just shook his head, closed his eyes, and his lips made a tight ling of annoyance. I know he's right when he say we should go back, but something in my gut saying Kaden's still out here. Why haven't we found or heard him? I tried calling his phone and it ranged and went to voicemail.

I looked around one more time, but sighed, "Okay, we'll go back-",

We heard coming like something heavy running our way and we heard a growl.

"Shit!", Logan cursed and ran, dragging me along with him. Sadly I wasn't a runner like him I was slowing him down and wearing flats wasn't happening, but I tried my best to run so I wouldn't become some wolf dinner tonight.

Moments I was panting, feeling tired. My foot got caught on a vine that was half dug in the ground and I tripped with a squealed. Logan put his hands around my waist and helped me up when we heard the growling was closer.

Logan cursed again and he led us over to a tree, "Climb as high as you can!", he said quickly and he helped me climb the first branch. I quickly made a process of climbing up the next, I heard the growl was now so close, my blood went cold and I heard Logan scream.

I took in a sharp breath and looked down at Logan to see a wolf circling around him. Logan was on his hands and knees, trying to remain still as possible, and I saw him shaking. Hell, I was shaking just for him!

I bit my lower lip and my eyes showed so much fear, I wanted to scream out for help, but knew that was a bad idea.

The wolf was pretty big for being a wolf. His fur was black and had some gray-ish-white fur on his sides and stomach. His eyes I could see were gray, almost white. He just circle around Logan watching him carefully. He would growl a few seconds and I saw all the color drain out of Logan as he stopped a few feet away from Logan face.

The wolf bared its pointy teeth at Logan and snipped and Logan jerked. The wolf jerked his head up and Logan just looked at him confused. The wolf growled and with his eyes, he looked at Logan feet and again, jerked his head up.

Logan stood still for a few moments, deciding something. He licked his dried lips and as slow as ever, he got up on his feet and the wolf just watched as he did.

I swear my fingers were dinging into the bark of the tree when the wolf step forward to Logan.

Knowing I was so stupid for doing this, I yelled, "Hey, over here! Look up here!",

The wolf head snapped up and growled real deeply. I squealed and I swear, I slipped when my right foot moved, but I grabbed the tree.

Logan gave me a look for me to be quite, but I have to help him! He has to get out of here or he'll get killed! God, I'm going to be in this tree all night!