Love, obsession, loathing. Make up your MIND! Part 8

(C) Copyright

Love, obsession, loathing, love, obsession, loathing. Make up your MIND! Part 8

Sequel to 'I live with vampires and werewolves, did I mention they're all guys?'

"That was so much fun!" I laughed, throwing my bags into the boot of the Land Rover, "we've got to come back next weekend."  

There was no answer from Sasha or Alistair, strange normally I can't shut the two of them up.  

"Ha guys," I called, turning around to find them both frozen in the middle of the car park.  

Sasha's was crouched down, his nostrils flared, Alistair was scenting the air.  

"Sasha, what is it?" I asked, looking around but saw nothing unusual.  

"Blood..." growled Sasha, standing up and walking quickly to my side.  

"Its Damon's," hissed Alistair, baring his teeth in anger.  

"What?" I gasped, "Damon was here? Who could hurt him?"  

"Only a werewolf, another vampire or..." Alistair trailed off, what little colour he had in his already pale face drained out.  

"Alistair, who?"I said, urgently.  

"No," snarled Sasha tensing, "I thought I smelt something wrong here!"  

"Um, hello?" I shouted, waving my hand in front of Sasha's, "who are you talking about?"  

"P.A.I.B soldiers," Sasha growled, seeing the confused look on my face grow even bigger he continued, "it stands for Protection Against Inhuman Beings, their a secret organization who police everything inhuman being and kill any who show themselves to the public."  

Realization flooded me; my voice shook as I spoke, "And Damon-"  

"I'm fine," said a familiar voice.  

I spun around to see Damon limping over to us, his shirt was stained with blood, his trousers were too also they were torn and his face was streaked with dried blood from a deep cut across his forehead.  

"Oh my god, Damon," I throw my arms around him, hugging him tightly.  

"I'll be alright by tomorrow," Damon said to me then he turned to face Sasha and Alistair.  

"We have to leave now; the P.A.I.B will be back here soon, they know about all of us."  

"How could they?" growled Sasha.  

Damon glanced at me thinking quickly if he should tell them while I was here.  

"Marcus, told them," he said simply, not looking at me.  

It felt like a stone had been dropped in my stomach, guilt and anger at myself not just him filled me.  

"That son of a bitch!" hissed Alistair.  

Suddenly there was the screech of tyres from behind us as a large black van skidded around the corner and headed straight for us.  

Sasha pulled the backdoor of the Land Rover open and throw me inside then quickly dived into the drivers seat, Damon and Alistair followed half a second later.  

Ramming the car into gear Sasha stamped down on the accelerator and the car leaped forwards.  

Fumbling with my seatbelt as Sasha throw the car sideways out of the car park exit at over sixty miles an hour my shoulder slammed hard into the window.  

We jumping a red light like a bullet, cars screeched and horns blared all around us. The black van tried to follow but a car clipped the rear sending the van spiralling into oncoming lorry. Crashing head long into the lorry the van crumbled; the window screen smashed glass covered the road.  

Sasha carried on quickly through the seaside towns.  

"Where should we go?" I asked.  

"We can't go home," growled Alistair, "they will already have the place surrounded."  

"Great," snarled Sasha, as he finally slowing down.  

"So what do we do?" I whispered, looking from Damon to Alistair to Sasha and back again, waiting for one of them to come up with a plan.  

"I don't know," growled Alistair, looking behind at Damon.  

"Sasha?" I gasped, my voice almost pleading for an answer now but Sasha didn't answer, he kept his eyes fixed on the road, turning on the headlights as the sun began to set.  

I sat back in my seat and looked out of the window as the scenery flashed past in one mixed blur. I couldn't believe less then half an hour ago we were playing on the beach now we were on the run for our lives. 

"We need someone who knows how to outsmart the P.A.I.B," said Alistair eventually.  

"I agree, "growled Sasha, "we need some skilled help."  

"But where are we gonna find someone like that?" I asked; my eyes wide at the tiny glimmer of hope.  

"I'm gonna make a call," said Damon simply.

End of Part 8

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND VOTE!! 

XX