Chapter 1

Hello everybody!! I am totally new at writing stories like this, it's a new formating and style than my usual. I hope you still like it though. I'll try and write as much as I can during the december break because school is really busy for me.

Oh and who is watching X-Factor tonight?? Who do you want to winn??

Tell me what you think about the story so far. Comment. Vote? If you don't like something or see mistakes, please tell me and please continue reading!! Thank you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody is scared of something. When you are little you need to look under your bed for monsters. Gradually you get scared of the dark gloomy basement. Insects come along somewhere in between those year as well. For Alison Cohen, the only thing she had ever been scared in her life was anything to do with horror, such as death. She couldn't stop thinking, what actually is death? Does heaven and hell exist? Do I become another baby but in a new body, after death? All these questions could not be answered by anyone. There was such a thing as people dying and then coming back to life, but by then they would be so confused, there was nothing to say about it. It bugged Alison everyday of her life, not knowing the answers to these questions and not knowing when she would die. She had nightmares about this fear almost every night:

I was walking through a dark breezy forest. It wasn't like any ordinary forest; there were trees higher than any skyscraper I had seen. Their trunks were thicker than my mom's grand piano in the family room. Whenever you looked at a branch, it looked as if it turned into a scary figure. It looked as if the branches would grab you at any moment ready to tangle you up for life. I could see the sun peeking through the leaves and a rainbow, but it looked miles and miles ahead. If I followed that direction I would hopefully be in safety in no time.  

I heard a twig snapped behind me. I turned around as fast as I could but it was too dark to see anything. Another twig snapped. This time I turned so fast as if my life depended on it, it actually kind of did, and I was able to see a movement. I couldn't see a figure, and something told me that I didn’t really want to know what it was or who it was looking for.

 It felt as if my heart was about to burst right out of my chest. It was beating faster than ever before. My breathing became quick and short. My vision was becoming blurry but I lifted my head, trying to ignore those two twinge snaps, and followed the guiding sunlight. The most important thing was not to panic, even though I could hear howling and owls hooting in the backround.

That's when I heard another snap. Then another, another one and another. I clutched onto my necklace I was wearing, a heart, thinking that it was the only thing that could keep me from surviving. If something happened to my own heart, I’d have my necklace to keep me safe, until I reached the sunlight. I squinted my eyes; I saw something that looked like figures who were trying to surround me. This was my last chance for escape before whatever these things were going to do to me. I starting running so hard, it felt like I was faster than the wind. I heard footsteps behind me but never dared to look in case it would slow me down. 

I literally couldn't see anything now. I ran in any random direction that wouldn't make me knock into a tree or trip over its roots. My breaths were becoming quicker and quicker and I was getting more weary. I couldn't stop though, whatever was following would haunt me for ages and do stuff to me. I don't know what, but I didn't want to figure out either.    

I lost my balance and tripped on a tree root. I swore under my breath and grabbed my necklace again. I was gasping for breaths now, not prepared for the truth that was about to hit me. My death. That was the only reason, probably some carnivore animal ready to eat my guts. Starting with my head and gradually go down to my legs.

I shivered just at the thought of it and burst into tears. Why does my biggest fear always haunt me? I heard growls but couldn't see anything. I felt air being blown in my direction, on top of me and drool was dripping on to my legs, arms and stomach. I shut my eyes, not like it would make anything disappear and I screamed as loud as I could. I just had some hope that there would be someone wondering in the forest such a scary forest to help me. I could sense these carnivores monsters, I think, opening their mouths ready to eat me. I screamed even louder and I felt their teeth sink into me.

Alison was woken up by her mom shaking her frantically.

"Alison, are you alright sweetheart," Deli, Alison's mom said worried, while wiping off the sweat dripping from Alison's forehead and tears running down her checks.

Alison gasping for breaths and shaken said, "Yeah, just a nightmare."

"Oh honey," Deli said concerned, "It sounds way worse than a nightmare. Do you want to tell me about it? You can come sleep in our bedroom if it helps."

"No, mom. I'm fine." Even though Alison felt anything but fine, re saying her dream would just make her play it all out in her mind again, a thought that she would not stand to think of again.

"It's just heard you screaming and I was so worrying, I decided to wake you up. I'm getting worried about you. This isn't the first time you have had a bad nightmare. Is someone bullying you at school? Is that what your dreams are all about?"

Deli had no idea what Alison's nightmares were capable of doing to her and what they were even about. Alison was popular and thought by everyone, ‘the perfect girl’ in your school. Everyone was too scared to bully her, but not a fear scared.

As much as Alison just wanted to jump out of her bed and run to cuddle with her parents at the age of 15, she didn't want to look like a baby and she wanted to show her mom how responsible and capable she was in situations like this. Not really like she had to prove to her parents about some nightmares. She shook her head and told her mom to go and not to worry about her. Deli left hesitantly, knowing that her daughter was keeping secrets from her.

Alison stayed awake for the rest of the night with her eyes wide open and her light stand on; she couldn't stand the thought of ever being in the dark alone ever again.