Letter five

'So, Liam.'

The interviewer's voice woke me up from my thoughts.

'How are you now?'

I slowly nod. 'I'm fine thanks.'

'I heard you're not dating anyone at the moment?'

I shake my head. 'No, I'm okay with how things are now. I'm not looking for a serious relationship for a while.'

'And what if you fall in love with a special girl,' he asks me.

I shrug. 'I can't predict the future.'

'Hmm... is there anyone special you have a crush on?'

I smile and shake my head again. 'No, I'm currently just living my old life.'

After the interview, which only was about me and Danielle, I made a quick call with Andy and got back in the bus.

The weird thing is, no matter how much I miss Danielle, the only person I can think of is Maddy. She makes me forget everything, she makes me forget to pay attention, she makes me smile, something I didn't do for a while. And I don't even know her. What makes her so special? Why do I keep thinking about her?

I keep forgetting interviews, lyrics, appointments, and at night I can't sleep because I keep wondering how she looks. Is that even healthy!? Even the boys wondered what was going on.

I hear Niall play the guitar at the other side of the bus, so I look up and look at his concentrated face.

'What are you doing?'

He raises his head and his frown disappears. 'I'm trying to write a song,' he mumbles smiling. 'But somehow it's not really going well.'

'I think it sounded pretty good.'

He smiles. 'Thanks.'

I let myself fall on my bed and sigh. Better get ready for Sweden and Paris.

Madison POV

Frowning I stare at the blank paper in front of me. What should I write? How bad I feel? How depressed I am? I want to make him happy, not drown him In sad letters.

Dear Liam,

How is tour? I just found out you won't be able to read these letters for a while, but I keep writing them, because I feel like I have to. Is that weird?

There's not much to tell. I went to Skyfall today. Have you ever been in the cinema all by yourself. I have today. It was so weird.

I smile and look at what I wrote.

'Madison?'

I tense up. That must be Talischa.

'Open your door!' she screams.

'You can't just run away Smith!'

Don't say anything Maddy. She'll leave.

'Where are you, goddammit,' she screams before walking off.

I sigh relieved. When I'm 100% sure she's gone I continue writing the letter.

Pfew! Talischa just came to my room. She's been chasing me all day. Kelly, a girl in her senior year told me she wanted to see me after school at the bike shed. That means she was going to beat me up, together with 100 other girls, so after class I went to my room as fast as I could.

I'm afraid Li. I'm 17 years old, I'm in boarding-school, and I'm afraid. That's really pathetic.

Ow god. I've got dinner later and I have to sit next to Talischa. No...

HELP!

Okay, if I don't write you a letter tomorrow Talischa killed me.

I love you.

Love,

Madison.