Chapter fifteen

Surprise! Oh and Happy Halloween!!!! Just to let you know this is just a little something, something. I've never broken a chapter up before but I had to give you guys something! haha So this isn't as long as my chapters usually are but at least it's something!!! <3

Chapter fifteen

                After being ushered into the house and seated on the couch the questioning began.

                “What’s happened? Why do you look like someone just killed your dog? Did he hurt you? ‘Cause if he did, I swear-”

                I slapped my hand over his mouth to shut him up.

                “I really don’t want to talk about it, but no, he didn’t hurt me”

                Physically, he didn’t. But I was hurting and Teddy was the cause of it.

                “Bullshit” he narrowed his eyes at me, trying to call my bluff.

                I really didn’t want to talk to him about this for several different reasons. One, if I told him that Teddy just upset me then he would question why I was upset which would just make him realize that I sort of had feelings for Teddy. Two, I would have to admit that Teddy claimed me and that wouldn’t go over well seeing as Fevah, like me, didn’t approve of it. Three, I just really don’t want to relive it by telling him what happened.

                “Fine if you don’t want to talk about it then let’s talk about something else. Like, say, you avoiding me for almost two fucking months. Do you know how worried I’ve been? I was tempted to call the police but I thought better of it, it’s not like they would do anything, monsters can get away with fucking murder when it comes to their tethers” he told me, his bright hazel eyes locking in on my face.

                I avoided his eyes by focusing extremely hard on my chipped fingernail polish. This was yet another topic that I really didn’t care to discuss. But I knew he wouldn’t just let it go, I was going to have to give him a great freaking reason as to why I’ve been totally ignoring him. I just wasn’t up for it. Plus I was afraid. If I told him I was claimed he would probably flip out and I just couldn’t deal with it. I already have more than enough to deal with.

                “I’m sorry I’ve been ignoring you, I’ve just been stressed out and-” I didn’t even get to finish.

                “I’m not going to except some half-assed apology, Blaire. I know something’s happened, I’m not a total idiot, so just fucking spit it out already. Why have you really been ignoring me?” he says, cutting me off.

                I cross my legs and attempt to get comfortable on the couch not that anything would really make me feel comfortable right now. With a sigh I open my mouth and mumble the words that could probably wreck my entire friendship with Fevah.

                “He claimed me. I let him claim me. I…I didn’t know what else to do, Fevah, he was dying and I just couldn’t…” I broke off feeling my throat swell with the urge to cry.

                I was met with silence. I ducked my head, fiddling with my hands, avoiding looking at him at all. I was too scared. Fevah was never one for silence so I knew it wasn’t a good sign.

                “Are you fucking serious? You idiot” he muttered.

                Before I could even think of some sort of response he leaned in and hugged my neck.