run boy, run.

a couple years ago, there was a boy that went to my school. everyone teased the boy when the bus arrived after school to drop us off because as soon as the bus stopped, he would run off down the street. the kids on the bus would yell after him, "run boy, run!" little did they know the reason that the boy ran home everyday.

if i had known why , i wouldn't have hesitated to stop the cruel things those kids said. but i didn't stop them, i ignored them and kept to myself. why should care if they teased that boy? as long as they leave me alone its fine right? wrong.

one day after school, like every other day, the boy bolted off the bus and ran home. the next few days he didn't come to school. i had the unfortunate task of bringing his homework to him, as i lived the closest. when i got to his house, i hesitated at the door because i heard people crying inside. i mustered all the courage i had, and knocked on the door.

a lady dressed in all black with mascara running down her face opened the door. after ten minuets of talking to her, i left the door way with tears streaming uncontrollably down my face.

i now know the reason the boy ran home everyday. his sister was on drugs. he was afraid that when he came home after school, he would be too late and his sister would be dead from an overdose.

his worst fear came true.

the boy never came back to school. he committed suicide a week after he found his sister dead in her room. he was twelve years old.

now that you've read this story, think twice before you stand by when someone is being bullied or teased, and don't do it yourself. you don't know what they are going through. you don't know why they act different. you don't know how one little word could affect someone that has problems in their life.

i know a lot of people, well most actually, have to deal with others that are insincere, cruel, and overall just full of crap. some may be your friends, your enemy's, or for others (like me) your own family. i hope you consider this a wake up call to help the helpless.

 love ya always<3

-A