Chapter 1

Well hello!

This isn't my first story to publish, but my first that I will actually try to finish. I got the whole plot down, lots of chapters, so I'm sure I won't get stuck . 

Anyway, please give this a change, and feel free to tell me about mistakes or anything I could do better. Praise would make me happy as well (:  

Enjoy! ~

_________________________________________________________________ 

I was walking on the way to the subway late at night, listening to my music on my old iPod. The last thing I still had from my mom, that my dad was generous enough to spare, and hadn't thrown out. Yet.  I knew it was hurtful for him to see me keeping the things, but I hated him for choosing what do to for me. I wanted to remember my mom, no matter what he wanted.

As I was making my way through the halls to get into my train I hummed to the music. I liked taking these tours since I got to enjoy my music, and walk a little. I couldn’t afford money to go to sports or anything like that since I just had a little bit of money from the income support to take care of myself.

They paid, if I got good grades and didn’t ditch school. Because I couldn’t live with my dad anymore.

While waiting to get off the train, I took one of my notebooks out, to look at it. I wasn’t really that clever, so I needed to study, in order to get the proper grades.  The English class had some tests coming up, and I wasn’t really feeling prepared yet.

While I was running through the pages, I heard laughter/a small giggle and when I looked up I saw a little kid smiling to his mother, with a half melted ice-cream in his hand. ‘But why are he out this late? Well doesn’t matter for me’

He looked really happy. I wish I'd get to do that with my mom a lot more before it was too late...

I turned my attention back to my English sentences and tried to remember them by order.

I did that for some time, till I heard the lady on the speakers telling us that we were arriving at my station.

I made my way out, not thinking about the child with the ice-cream running out in front of me. I heard him laughing and saw he was tripping over another man shoes.

The next thing I knew was that the mother was apologizing, while I was soaked in the melted ice-cream. The kid was hiding behind his mom, when the rest of the passengers made their way out.

“I am truly sorry about that, young man!”

I just smiled at her, while I packed my things down, after getting out of the train myself.

“It’s okay, no harm madam.” She lit up again from my answer and then looked down at her child.

“Please say sorry to the boy Jonathan. He won’t bite.”

The boy looked at me with big eyes, and then hid again.

“But-he’s trying to eat my ice cream!”

I smiled at him and, fished into my pocket after some of my caramels. I had them to eat doing my lessons. It helped me concentrate, when I wanted to move my body. Also to lose a lot of unnecessary money to buy candy…

He gladly took it when I handed him it, and his mom said ‘okay’ to take it. After that he mumbled a small but cute ‘sorry’.

“I’m glad he didn’t hurt himself. But if you don’t mind, I need to go and wash myself in the washroom. I’m feeling a little sticky. “