Chapter 8: Family-time.

"I wanna go on the slide." Nicholas yells.

"Than go sweetie." He tugs on my hand.

"Come with me please."

"Mommy is a little bit tired from the walk, but daddy can go with you."

"Come on daddy." He pulls on his hand. Dragging him all the way towards the slide. I sit down on a park bench. I watch my two men. I'm so happy I met James. I still regret pushing my feelings for him away. But that's in my past. We're more than 10 years further now, we live in New York, we're married, we have a beautiful son and a baby on the way. I couldn't be more happy with my family. "Mommy look!" Nicholas screams hanging on the monkey bars. I give him a tumbs up. James is standing right underneath him. He is such a great daddy. Nicholas let's himself fall and James catches him. Nicholas points at me and James starts running, making Nicholas giggle. "Mommy can we get some ice-cream?" Nicholas asks still giggling a little.

"Sure sweetie." I smile and stand up. I hold James' hand, while we walk towards the ice-cream shop. "Which flavour do you want sweetie?"

"Chocolate!" He answers quickly with a bright smile. He got that chocolate addiction from me. I ate lots of chocolate when I was pregnant with him. I put James' arm around my neck and he kisses my temple.

"What about you sweetheart?" He asks.

"Uhm, chocolate does sound good." He orders for us and we sit down in a booth. Nicholas immediately digs in.

"So how's your chocolate?" James' asks.

"It's really good. "

"You wanna taste mine?"

"You don't like yours, do you?" He gives me a weak smile. "Let me taste." He shoves his spoon in my mouth. "There's nothing wrong with it James." He wrinkled his nose. "You wanna switch?" He nods. We switch cups.

"No, mommy and I need to have the same." Nicholas says switching back the cups.

"Sweetie, daddy doesn't like his." I switch the cups once again. He gives me a mad look (see multimedia, but imagine James as a 5-year old). "Just eat your ice-cream and then we'll go home." He madly eats his ice-cream. On the walk home Nicholas doesn't say much which isn't his usual behavior.

--

"Time for bed Nick." James said. Nicholas whined.

"Yes, come on Nicholas. Bed-time. Give daddy a kiss." He kisses James' cheek and gives him a hug.

"Goodnight daddy."

"Goodnight big man." I take his hand and we go upstairs. I tuck him in and read him a story, while he tightly hugs his teddybear.

"Goodnight Nicholas." I kiss his forehead.

"Goodnight mommy." I walk towards the door. "Mommy?" I turn back around.

"Yes Nick."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I walk back towards his bed.

"For being mad at you." I smile slightly.

"It's okay sweetie." I stroke his cheek. "Sweet dreams." I kiss his forehead again.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too sweetheart. Go to sleep." He nods and closes his eyes. I go back downstairs. I sit back down next to James and rest my head on his chest.

"It's gonna be two long weeks." We both sigh.

"I need to go baby."

"I know and I want you to be there for Kendall and Michele but I'm just gonna miss you so damn much. We've never been apart for that long."

"I'm gonna miss you too." I kiss him.

"I love you baby."

"I love you too."