Chapter Three

Recap:

I cried out as the pain shot through my legs and I saw the walking walking away from the hall as the man kept glancing over his shoulder and looking at me.

"It was him!' was the last thing I cried before someone gave me a needle and I shut my eyes and fell asleep. 

                                                                      ********************************

“Ok talk!” demanded Alice

I slowly opened my eyes and winced as everything became hazy. I turned to my right as I heard a continous beeping noise and felt tubes on my hands. 

I could make out two figures on each side of my bed both staring at me intensely and looked down,realising that I was wearing one of those white hospital dresses and tried to remember how I was here and why? I stared at them both and was the first one to break the silence. 

"Where am I?" 

Alice looked at me reasuringly. 

"Your hurt Lucy, your in the hospital waiting for your feet to become healed."

I frowned and curiosly pulled the blanket from my feet and stared at them. I pinched my lips, trying not to cry as I saw my feet all red and bloody and new skin healing. It looked like I had just been in a horror movie and had just gotten out before the serial killer murdered me, only leaving my bloody feet a reminder of what happened.

“I’s ok Lucy!” assured Drew snuggling next to me "It could of been worse?" 

I shook my head, with loss of words and stared at them in fustration.

“See I told you that she would be upset when you asked her to 'talk'!” said Drew sighing in annoyance at Alice. 

She put her arms up in defence “Hey, you were the one who agreed!” 

I glared at both of them as they argued like children until  Alice sighed in defeat and slumped back on the bed. I noticied the bags under her and Drews eyes and said "You guys should really get some rest. Why are you both so tired?" 

“So she can talk now?” asked Drew half mindly

Alice groaned and slapped Drew on the stomach.

“Not if she wants to!” 

“We were here all night Lucy don't you remember? You were crying cause you didn't want us to leave you." said Alice grumbly 

I crossed my arms "Why am I here and why don't I remember anything?" I asked outraged. 

"Did I trip over something and hurt my leg?" I asked dumbly as I took a peek back at my feet and saw so many stiching stichings that It hurt to count. 

I groaned in fustration until Alice spoke "You mean, you don't remember what happnened?"

I shook my head and looked at Drew expectantly feeling helpless after what Alice just said. 

"Well........ Wait you don't remember?" he asked scratching his head in thought.

I slumped back on my bed "No shit sherlock, it's like someone drugged me heaps and now I can't remember what happened! It's like i've got a Hangover." I muttered under my breath

"Well, we were at the talent quest at school.....and I was singing and you were dancing......and then you fell over and screamed because your feet were bleeding.....and then you yelled out "It's him!" finished Alice trying to rack through her memory of what had happened.

I nodded after every word she said in thought until I suddenly started to laugh.

"Oh my gosh, this is a setup isn't it? To see if I would freak out heaps? This probably isn't a real hospital. Are there camera's in here hiding?" I jumped out of bed, ignoring the pain in my feet and inspected the plants and under the chairs for a camera. 

Drew groaned and picked me up. "No you silly your feet were really bleeding and you shouldn't even be walking." 

I burst out laughing in his arms and kicked around smiling.

Drew raised his eyebrow at Alice who shrugged just as confused as him.

"Oh my god." I said in realisation "Oh my god, guys where is Lain?" 

"Well about that, some guy is looking after her, said that he was a family friend and that you knew him. Went by the name Dante. He looked alright so we gave him our mobile numbers and he is babysitting Lain now."

Dante. Dante. I racked through my brain, searchin for something that would click, but nothing did. 

"Drew I don't have any family so why would I have any family friends. Besides who has the name Dante anyway...it's ancient." My eyes widened. 

"Guys we have to get back to the house." I quickly said pushing myself out of Drews arms and ignored their reasurrance.

"You don't get it, I have no idea who this guy is and Lain is my only family. She is my only sister guys. Without her-" I stared at them in loss of words 

Drew and Alice looked at eachother and nodded.

"Okay, but we better hurry before the nurses come and see a patient running out of a hospital. 

"Physco Girl running out of Hospital. I can imagine them saying ascross the headlines. Who has lost her memory." thought Alice 

Drew laughed and picked me up "Come on lets go."

                                                                         ***** 

By the time we had arrived to my house, I ran out of the car and rang the doorbell, ignoring the pain of my feet as I tried hard not to look like I was waddling. 

I stared at the door angrily before looking around and got hold of one of the gnomes outside and threw it at the door.

"Jesus Christ Lucinda, come down. No need to smash the door." yelled Drew 

"It was locked, now its open." I stated gesturing at the door and with Alice's help, walked in. 

"Lain. Lain you here?" I called out

Once I searched around the rooms and saw everything in its place I took a deep breath knowing that Dante hadn’t stolen anything, and limped to Lain’s bedroom. I looked around and started feeling desperate when I realised she wasn’t there. I suddenly perked up my eyes as I heard someone singing softly and quickly went to my bedroom. As I walked to my door I saw blood stains on it and clenched my fists as I walked in seeing bloody footprints everywhere and had a flashback of every night cleaning the floors to get rid of the bloody smell.  My eyes widened and I screamed when I saw Lain sitting on the ground in a tutu the same as mine and playing with her dolls...in her blood.

She turned around and smiled and waved her bloody hand “Lucy, look I’m just like you now.”

I stared at her feeling helpless and collapsed on the floor in tears.

 ********************************************************************************************

Thanks guys for reading sorry for the wait and sorry for the short chapter.