Chapter Thirteen

I'm back! I feel like I was uploading too quickly so I waited a good amount of days this time. I still love it! I found out that you do get notifications for this story if you have the app so yay! I no longer have to remind you to check back on a certain day. I hope you enjoy this chapter :) Pic is of Garrett!

~~~

Sky

School was already beginning to get boring. Ave and I would sometimes show up early for extra help with Dan, but to be honest Ave was there to support me more than anything. Math is her forte. Ave and I quickly went to the cafeteria to buy our lunches. For once we were one of the first few in line. "Hey Sky, Avery," Garrett greeted happily. "Hey," I said back as Avery glared at him and his friend, Xavier. "Are you doing anything Friday night?" he asked me without a hint of nervousness in his voice. Why the hell is a jock asking me this? "Yeah, I am," I answered as nicely as I could. The huge grin on his face disappeared momentarily.

"Oh, that's cool. I was just going to invite you to a party I'm going to. Did you get my note?" Note? Oh right, the phone number. "She did," Ave answered for me. "Don't you find it a bit creepy to be going through girls agendas?" She snapped. A scared look crossed Garrett's face, but it was quickly replaced by a smirk. "I wasn't going through it. I just slipped it in," he said while glaring back at her. Then he turned back to me. "If your schedule clears up just call or text me. I'll be waiting," he said before winking and walking to the jocks table, while dragging a smirking Xavier behind him, which earned him a few strange looks from his friends and one big death glare from Brittany. "Stupid Jocks," Ave muttered before paying the lunch lady. I laughed and shook my head at her.

"He was just being nice," I stated before paying for my own lunch and walking out of the cafeteria. The week passed by quickly, but the work began piling up and seemed like it would take an entire month to complete. "Any interesting plans for the weekend?" Dan asked us after chemistry was over. It was becoming a habit to eat in his classroom as many other students did with their favourite teachers. Today Avery and I were eating homemade pizza. "Other than going on a date with someone, I'm doing nothing," I said and looked over at Ave. "I'm going shopping with the rents. Did you know Sky turned someone down on Monday?" Ave asked Dan. Oh my. Dan's eyebrows rose.

"Oh really? Was it for a date or something else?" he asked curiously. "Yeah... Garrett from calculus invited me to go to a party with him. He's been asking me everyday this week if my schedule cleared up so-" Dan quickly interrupted me. "You should go." Ave and I looked at each other in confusion. "What? Why?" Dan sighed loudly and ran his fingers through his hair. "It would look good if you went with him. I don't want you missing out on having fun. And this way people might think you two are dating." I gawked at him before Avery cut in. "He's right, Sky. Half of the school will think that you and Garrett are an item if you go with him. Plus, he's super popular so no other guys would dare going near you." I guess they're right. Garrett seems like a nice guy, and it would help me if I at least look like I have a social life.

"Fine. I should probably go to the cafeteria and wait for him to ask me again. If he doesn't, I'm coming right back," I said as I stormed out of the room. "Sky!" I heard a deep voice call my name. That was fast. I hid the scowl on my face and replaced it with a convincing smile. "Hey, Garrett," I said as he approached me. "Hey, are you still busy tonight?" he asked for the sixth time this week. "No, I'm not." Garrett smiled and it looked pretty genuine. "Great! So you'll come with me tonight?" he asked hopefully. I smiled at him and nodded. "Text me your address as soon as you get home so I can pick you up at six," he said with a huge smile plastered on his face. "Will do," I said back with a small smile. He seems nice enough to go with. Maybe Avery and I were wrong about the jocks.