Killer Truths: Chapter Thirteen ~ Bittersweet

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K Rowling. Now, enjoy! ES <3 **

Chapter Thirteen ~ Bittersweet

“I kissed Thomas,” Amélie whispered the next morning at the table so suddenly that Ginny almost dropped the plates of pancakes and bacon that she was carrying.

“You did what?” She asked in shock.

“I… well, we… I kissed Thomas.” She repeated.

For a moment Ginny simply stood and stared at her daughter. She was shocked, she knew that Amélie wasn’t completely ignorant to the boy but it caught her completely off guard that she had kissed him.

“Wow, how was it?” Ginny forced herself to ask as she sat at the table.

“MOM! I can’t tell you that!” Amélie blushed all the way to the tips of her ears.

Ginny laughed as she watched her completely embarrassed daughter. “It’s okay, love.” Ginny sighed as she remembered her first kiss with Draco.

“Are you remembering your first kiss with dad?” Amélie asked and laughed when Ginny’s cheeks heated. “Where was it?”

“It was an accident. I blinked into the backroom of your Uncle George’s store and landed on him. We fell and our lips… well, we kissed and that was it,” Ginny lied as she remembered exactly what had happened after; one completely steamy make out session with wandering hands.

“That’s a lie!” Amélie said quickly. “Your expression says so.”

“You don’t need to know all of the details,” Ginny told her as she grabbed some pancakes and began to eat.

“Then don’t ask me about Thomas.” Amélie huffed.

Ginny took a sip of orange juice to cover her laugh. Amélie was so adorable when it came to Thomas. Her daughter was finally growing up and getting a little boyfriend.

“Stop smiling like that, mom. It’s creepy.” Amélie frowned.

“I’m happy. I can’t smile when I’m happy? Bollocks, this apartment is going to be bloody gloomy then.” Ginny teased.

Amélie rolled her eyes but frowned when she looked at Ginny. She hadn’t noticed until now but her mom had bags under her eyes and they were a tad bit red as if she hadn’t gotten much sleep.

“Did you get any sleep?” She asked her but Ginny simply shrugged.

“I got enough,” was all she said.

For the remainder of their breakfast, neither said a word.

Amélie couldn’t figure out why her mother wouldn’t get any sleep but then remembered the vision Rìona had had. That was something to lose sleep over but for some reason Amélie didn’t think that was it.

Ginny hadn’t gotten one wink of sleep; she had continued to stress long after Amélie had returned from being with Thomas last night; yes, she was worried about Rìona’s vision but what had kept her awake was the possibility that Draco would come in the middle of the night. She didn’t know if she liked or hated the idea. He was coming; there was no doubt about it. Seventeen years had passed. She had hidden for seventeen long years.

Now was the time to get over her fear, her heartbreak, not for herself but for Amélie who deserved to have a father in her life.

“Mom, what’s wrong? You’ve been awfully quiet.” Amélie finally asked.