30 - Happy tears

It was heartbreaking for James to see his best friend in this vulnerable state. Fi is good from the heart. Too good, in fact. A person like her doesn't deserve all this. Even Miley was heartbroken. He knows that he used to tease her and get on her nerves, but that was only to divert her attention towards him. So when he saw her on the hospital bench in a broken state, his heart clenched. She wasn't like other girls. Sure, she was feisty, but she was kind from the heart. He knows it is a cliché, but she is the kind of person he would like to spend his entire life with. He hopes she has the same feelings as him.

But now, his major concern was Fi, who was fighting for her life. After the operation, it allowed only one person to stay at night with her, so it was Justin. So he took Miley home.

Miley still could not believe that her best friend was fighting for her life. If it weren't for James, she would have killed Anna. James had always been there with her when she needed him. Weird! But it is correct. After the operation, they allowed only one person to stay with Fi, and it was Justin. As much as she wished to be with Fiona, Justin was the only one who could and deserved to be with her.

So she and James went home. She was going to her home, but James urged whether to go with him or he will come to her. Apparently, he didn't want to leave her alone. God knows what would happen if she did. However, she didn't argue with him much because all her energy was drained away, and all her focus was on her best friend. So, to her dismay, she went with James to his house.

When she reached his home, he made her coffee and gave her his clothes so that she could change. After a few minutes of changing, she completely broke down. And, like usual, he was there to hold her. He didn't know, but Emily had fallen for him on such short notice. She could only hope that James could return her feelings.

It's been forty hours. But, despite that, there was no change in Fiona's condition. Justin hadn't left her place since the minute he entered the hospital. James, Em, Mason, his parents, and even Fiona's parents tried to make him go home and freshen up, but he was stubborn. He wanted to be here when she woke up. And anyway, a home without Fiona in it would only be an empty house.

An hour had passed... Two hours passed very slowly. Forty-five hours had passed in total, but still, there was no sign of Fiona waking up. Soon after, the doctor arrived to check on her.

"Justin, time is ticking by. There is very little chance of her waking up. However, I don't want to get your hopes up. So please, I would like you to prepare yourself mentally."

"Come on, Fiona. You can't leave me here alone all by myself. You can't leave your best friends in misery. You need to wake up. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU. I LOVE YOU." He was completely broken.

Suddenly, he felt Fiona's hand squeezing his. When he saw her, she was trying to open her eyes.

"Fi, please try. Come on!"

"Jus... Tin." She croaked.

"Just hold on here. I am calling the doctor now."

He ran outside to call the doctor. The doctor immediately came and checked her.

"She is perfectly normal, but she needs to rest completely for at least a week. She can go home by tomorrow."

After that, he left. He had nothing but tears of happiness in his eyes.