Chapter Four: Break The Shell

[[SMALL WARNING: This is not edited. So, there may be a few spelling errors and other weird stuff that happens to sneak into my writing. Those will be available for all to see. Sorry. I was just really excited about finishing a new chapter and couldn't wait until tomorrow to actually edit it and post... I would edit it now but I need to sleep... So here it is... Unedited and possibly kind of weird because of that. x3 Even so... I hope you enjoy. And as always, thanks tons for reading, whoever you are!! :D It truly warms my squiddy soul. <3]]

Friday's session was much like Monday's, and Wednesday's. Donnie found it interesting, though... The more the three boys met, the more Derek kind of shut down. The less he spoke. Sure, they'd only had three meetings, but by the third one, Derek was barely saying a thing. Even then they were just weird grunts and grumbles and heavy sighs with shrugs and nods. It was like he was giving up. Something Donnie rarely saw in Derek's character and personality. As nice as it was at first, now... Well, now it was worrying him. It was such a strange one-eighty. He acted the same in the halls and around school grounds, but once he was stuck in a room with Donnie and Aiden, he clammed up and pretty much pretended he was the only one there. Neither Aiden, or Donnie could really get him to open up. That got Donnie to thinking that this was a defense mechanism.

Their meeting on Friday ended rather quickly, to Donnie's surprise. He hadn't expected this at all, but he was almost enjoying his conversations with Aiden, causing the time to simply fly by. They still weren't talking about all that much, but Donnie was learning to open up more already, whether he realized it or not. Kinda weird, though... He was learning more about Aiden than he was about Derek. Which needed to change. Luckily, they had the weekend to really 'catch up.' When their hour in counseling finished, they headed to the principal's office and did their awkward hugging thing, which was becoming more awkward for Derek, than for Donnie, since Donnie seemed to be enjoying it a little too much. Either it was because Derek looked miserable, or because the closeness of another male's body against his own left him feeling satisfied. Maybe a mixture of the two? Not that he'd admit to that. Of course not.

This time before Derek trudged off to class, Donnie made sure they got each other's phone numbers. Donnie made the decision for the two of them to meet tomorrow, Saturday, at the park, to get their extra hours over with. Sooner rather than later, right? Unwillingly, Derek agreed. So, their first meeting was scheduled. Donnie was apprehensive about it, to say the least.

For the rest of that day, Donnie couldn't get thoughts of Saturday out of his head. Even once school got out and he was home, safe and sound, thoughts of Derek haunted him, while studying, eating dinner, and even while showering and getting ready for bed. He lay in bed, staring up at his posters and pictures and thought about how tomorrow would actually go. He doubted it would go well... Nothing Derek was involved with went well, did it? He was like a tsunami or something, wrecking everything in his wake and leaving only devistation behind. Now that he thought about it... It was kind of sad. Derek's life, in perspective, seemed a little depressing and pathetic. Derek never seemed happy. His smiles and laughs, though mocking and obnoxious, seemed somewhat fake and forced. He really didn't have that many friends, either. Now that Donnie thought of it, Derek was constantly pushing people away. Acting rude and just.. Down right mean, cruel, and hurtful. No one could be that callous 24-7. There had to be a reason for it. And Donnie was going to find out what it was.

With a small sigh, Donnie's head slowly cleared of Derek drama, and he was able to close his eyes and drift off to sleep. Needless to say, Derek managed to sneak into his dreams once or twice, even bothering Donnie in his own little dream land. Hopefully he got his answers sooner, rather than later, so his mind could be freed of curious thoughts and confusion for good.