Chapter One.

I felt the warm summer breeze softly hit my face, as I leaned back in my chair. My long red hair whipped around my face and I closed my big, green eyes.

Everyone thinks that I’m amazingly beautiful. But I wouldn’t say that. I don’t think I am at all.

I then felt prickling at my eyes, screaming to be let out. But I scrunched up my nose to prevent it. I’m not one to cry. No matter what. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I ever cried. But just because I never cry, it doesn’t mean I don’t hurt. In fact, what happened today did hurt.  Not physically, but mentally.

I then lifted up my hand and softly traced around the purple bruise that lay below my eye, remembering what happened not so long ago…

*Lucias malfoy had seen me earlier on, when I was at Diagon alley getting my new school books. He’s been bullying me for quite a while now so, as soon as I saw him, I tried to avoid him by going down an alley. As I was about to exit the end of the alley, Lucias appeared with two other boys behind him, looking like bodyguards.

Lucias smirked at me as he walked towards me. He then pinned me up against the wall and was standing uncomfortably close. He pushed my hands up above my head and looked into my eyes.

‘mm’ he breathed. ‘Always been so beautiful haven’t you. Shame your such a loser and your friends with potter. Oh.. He’ll be so angry if he knew about me bullying you. Oh the great potter. The arrogant little prick.’ he smirked.

‘Please.. I don’t want any trouble. Just let me go home’ I said, trying to sound brave.

He then raised his fist and punched me hard in the face.

Speak when spoken to!’ he screeched so loud, i thought my ear drums would burst.

I quickly took my chance and ran home as I fast as I could, in the opposite direction.

Only my mum was downstairs when I got home and she saw my eye.

She laughed. Hard.

‘Good. Someone taught you a lesson.’ she said, laughing a little harder.*

What!’ a familiar voice suddenly screamed, interrupting my thoughts of what happened.

Aren’t you going to do anything!’ it continued to scream.

‘Well of course. I love my daughter more than anything’ my mum said back inside the house.

I laughed. She was not going to do a thing.

Of course you are!’ said the sarcastic voice again, screaming louder.

I then heard footsteps behind me, walking up the patio and then I felt a arm around my neck.

‘Look at me. Let me see your eye.’ I heard a angry but soft voice say as a hand pulled my chin up.

I looked into James eyes as he examined my face. His face turned bright red with anger where he saw the bruise under my eye.

Padfoot look! Look what he's done to her face!’ James yelled.

‘Thanks James. You make me feel so much better.’ I laughed.

‘You beautiful Rhi… even with a black eye’ he said, then Sirius came closer and look at my eye. His faced then turned angry as he then stroked his hand over the bruise.

I turned a deep red. Then he mumbled something like ‘cutie’, but it was to quiet to hear for sure.

‘Rhi? Why didn’t you tell me? I would have done something!’ James said.

‘I..I.. just didn’t want you to worry.. Or I didn’t think you’d care. Just like my mum’ I whispered. James was all that I had. Even though I would hang around with him at school, he was at mine nearly every single holiday, as my mum and Mrs potter was really close.

‘Don’t be silly. Of course I would of cared. I care about you a lot. Your my best mate’ he whispered rolling his eyes.

‘I’m sorry James.’ I said.

‘Don’t be sorry! Just wait Rhi! I’ll get that malfoy boy! And pad foot will help! How dare he hurt my best friend! How DARE he!’ James screamed.

Sirius then sat down on the other arm of my chair and put his arm around my waist. I then saw James look a bit more annoyed. But I thought nothing of it.

‘How long as he been bullying you? You mother said he has been for a while.. She even seemed a little happy.’ Sirius asked.

‘About 3 years..-’ I answered before being interrupted.

You what!-’ James screeched.

‘We’ll get him.’ Sirius interpreted again, before James exploded.

‘Me and prongs will get him.’ he continued.

I smiled at Sirius gratefully. I just wanted Lucias to stop and I was finally glad that they were going to stick up for me.. As my mother failed to do so.

James then wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

‘I don’t like seeing you like this. Normally your loud, funny and pranking with us all summer long! But don’t you worry Rhi. You can stay at Hogwarts with us from now on! Why have you never done before? Who have you been with?’ James asked.

‘I’ll be fine James. I’ll be pranking your arse in no time!  And just by myself really…’ I said.

‘well don’t worry! Your stuck with me and the marauders now!’ he said as he hugged me tightly again and tickled me.

I let out a little laugh and smiled brightly at him.

Also Sirius hugged me and gave me a smile.

‘You coming in then?’ James asked.

‘Yeah in a bit’ I smiled.

‘well hurry up sexy. Dinner will be ready soon.’ he said and winked at me as he walked back up to the house.

I laughed and nodded.

They walked back inside, leaving me by myself.

James and Sirius have been staying around mine for two days so far. They will be staying till term starts at Hogwarts in four days.

My ’mum’ and Mr and Mrs potter are very close, and she wanted to visit my mum for a while. Sirius is here because he was staying around James for the summer. I’ve met Sirius plenty of times, as he’s always around James, but I never hung around with them at school before.

James is everything to me. He’s always been there for me when my mother hasn’t. James is so funny aswell and he's really cool.

Sirius is a very handsome boy and he’s also a flirt. He flirts with me every time he see’s me! He’s cocky, funny but a great, protective friend.

I smiled to myself. I then looked up at the sky, and thanked god that I had James and Sirius.

After a while of sitting outside I finally walked back into my house and headed for the guest room where James’s and Sirius is staying, knowing they properly had all the dinner up there.