Chapter Five ~ Candy

[Opening Song: Monster by Meg & Dia ]

Lily's P.O.V

"Lily, what is it?" Gary asks me as I stare at the painting of my two best friends in the whole wide world, Megan and Susie.

"Those people in the painting..." I start "Are my best friends Megan and Susie"

"W-What?" Gary asks looking at me before looking back to the painting in shock before exhaling "They look like amazing friends Lily"

"Because they are" I say trying not to cry. I miss them so much, I wish they could be here with me right now.

"Why would a picture of your friends be in this world?" Gary asks while cupping his chin in confusion while he thinks for a moment.

"I want to know where they are" I say and place a hand on the painting sighing sadly. "Don't worry Lily" Gary says and places a hand on my shoulder "We'll find them!" I look down for a moment.

Gary's P.O.V

...............................................

Lily is extremely brave, but this is getting to her, she looks like might burst into tears any second... I don't want her to be hurt, I will definitely look after her while we are in this world and continue to be her hero! Especially since my heart seems to want me to reach out to her.

Lily and me walk over to the canvas which has black ink swirly writing. "'If you're tired, why not rest? You'll never be hurt again...'" Lily reads out loud her voice amazingly beautiful.

I don't trust this writing but I watch her walk over to the white chair with a red pattern. She stays sitting down and I watch her, but nothing seems to be happening.

Lily gets up and says "It seems to me that we aren't waiting for anything, maybe we should check the bookcases before we go?" She looks at me her eyes slightly filled with sorrow. I give her a small nod.

We walk over to one of the large bookcases, it seems to me that it can move. "It can move" I announce. Lily looks over to me before looking at the bookcase. "Ah! You're right!" Lily seems.

Ib's face comes to mind and I grip hold of my head. Damn it why is this happening?! Ib isn't even here!! 

"Gary?" Lily asks me and I snap back to reality. "I'm fine" I say and let go of my head and give Lily a smile. "I think we should move it to the right" Lily says.

"Leave it to me" I smile and I push the bookcase to the right so it covers the window. 

"Let's get out of here" Lily says rubbing her arms "I feel like something bad will happen to us..."

"Oh? Well, we can go" I say. Lily and me go to the door of the room and I watch Lily try to open the door. "Gary, it won't open" Lily says to me. "What?" I ask. 

There is banging room outside of the door and Lily falls against me. "T-That sound! It's coming from outside!" Lily yells. "B-Be careful now Lily! I'll protect!" I demand. 

I watch Lily panic around the room as the banging gets louder and louder. 

The wall beside the picture of Lily's friends break as the Lady in Yellow appears causing Lily to scream. Damn it! The Lady in Green appears next causing Lily to rush around with me as they start to follow us.

"L-Lily! Through the gap!" I yell and point to where the paintings came room. Lily looks at me weakly and nods as we run through the gap to find ourselves where all the Ladies in Colour were and move about and now the mannequin bodies are after us too.