Chapter two: Search for the second piece

The cold air was caressing Kya's skin softly; the trees remained in silence as she walked beside them. Her long silver hair fell to the end of her back, the wind brushing it gently. She looked so tired; there was some dirt on her face and clothes, her eyes were slightly swollen from crying all night and she had huge eye bags beneath it, due to lack of sleep and using too much of her chakra.

     She came upon a simple curry shop; the sunlight was beaming over it, 'causing her to squint. She decided that she could stop for a while to rest and regain her energy. She walked inside to see that there were a few people dining in while there were three people in the kitchen, stirring something. Kya took her seat and let out a deep sigh. She was exhausted; she wished that she could just sleep the rest of the day but she knew she must continue her mission.

     "What's your order?" A man asked as he handed over the menu. The man has long brown hair tied in a ponytail and he had long bangs covering partly of his face. He had raven black eyes and thin lips. Kya looked over the menu, and quickly scanned it; Kya noticed that most of the curry was spicy. Kya's brows furrowed in confusion, she didn't know what to eat; all of it looks so good.

     "What do you suggest? Sorry, I'm not so good at this." She said frankly. It was her first time to do any of this, because she has never left her village before. She has never ordered something from a store or a restaurant before because there was always delicious warm food on the table.

     "Oh, I suggest the Curry of life, I guarantee that it will make you feel reenergized and 110 percent better. Frankly, I've created the recipe myself." The man said proudly with a big smile on his face.

     "Then the Curry of life it is." Kya said, smiling. The man's face lit up as he quickly went to the kitchen and told his mother Kya's order. While waiting, Kya took off her forehead protector and stared at the symbol at the center. "This must be a sign...wherever this thing is from, it must be the place where mother and father want me to go, but where exactly is this place anyway?" She asked herself inwardly. 

     At that moment, the man served Kya her meal. Kya gaped at the curry in front of her; it was the blackest curry she has ever seen. Kya poked a part of it with her spoon and one of the bubbles that were emerging popped. She looked at the man and he pushed her plate closer, urging her to try it. Kya took a deep breath and reluctantly ate a spoonful.

     Her eyes widened in shock as her whole face became totally red from the spice. It may have been spicy, but for some reason, she felt awake and more energized. Kya knew that she needed the energy for her journey, so she ate as much as she could; she actually finished everything in a flash. "No wonder it's called the Curry of life!" Kya thought out loud, the man smiled, he was for he has satisfied another costumer with his famous recipe.

     "By the way, do you know what village this is from?" Kya asked as she pointed with her index finger the symbol at the center of the forehead protector. The man held his chin, thinking deeply, he knew he has seen this symbol before, but he couldn't remember when or where.

     His eyes widened in realization when he recalled seeing Rock Lee wearing the same thing at his waist and his other friends like Naruto, Neji and Ten Ten on their foreheads. "Yes, it must be from the village hidden in the leaves." Kya's eyes widened as she recalled what was written on the letter her mother wrote: 'The second piece is within the place with lots of trees; I bet you can find it with ease...' 

      "The village that the man said must be it!" Kya thought happily. She was able to figure out where the second piece is.

    "There are many tough ninjas there, like Rock Lee, Naruto, Neji, Ten Ten, oh and mostly their Hokage." The man continued.