{10} Resistance - Edited

Hello guys! It’s me again! I just want to tell you that any suspicions about this story being copied from ‘Silence by princessharley’ will be disregarded. She messaged me a couple of hours ago and she told me she knows that I did not copy her story. Sure, we may have a few similarities but my plot line is undoubtedly original. I did not steal anything from her ideas and there is no way that I would… I’m thanking her for checking everything before accusing/reporting something.

{10} Hush, Howl

Darren

         I got to admit that when I came to class late with my clothes all messed up, I felt embarrassed. Who knows? I was really late because I waited for her to run out of the forest. I was only able to head back to the tree where I left my clothes when she was gone.

         I immediately shifted back into my human form and put on my clothes with no hesitation. They were kind of messy because I didn’t get the chance to fix them, since I was already running late for the morning's first subject.

         When the lunch time dropped by, I was starting to get confused. I know that I heard her name announced by the principal when she performed right? I wasn’t really paying much attention that night. I must admit that I could’ve forgotten about it . . . but when I heard Mr. Gordon saying that I could partner up with Ms. Stronghold and pointed at the girl I saw from the forest I instantly came up upon the conclusion that she is the girl from the game.

         Sapphire Stronghold is her name right? I heard it from the principal himself. But then, I wanted to be sure. I also don’t want to look like a stalker following her all around without knowing her name . . . I guess I’m slowly turning into one. She seemed really irritated with having me around. But what can I say? I don’t want to give up now . . . now that I’ve found her.

         Seeing her flaming red hair enter the cafeteria, walking side by side with the nerd from the biology class, I jogged my way towards them. Panting, I spoke. “Uh, Stronghold, right? I didn't catch your name.”

         They both spun around to face me and I instantly saw Sapphire’s smile falter and her face turned into a sour expression.

         Am I that bad? Or just plain annoying, bothering her? Maybe I’m so persistent? Do I look like that type of stalker . . . ?

Sapphire turned to her friend and started firing her arms in the air while looking at her with a threatening expression. The nerd just looked at her, appearing to be bored out of her mind and tried not to pry her eyes off her.

         I could feel my brows puckering on my forehead while I watched her with confusion. My bag was slowly slipping off my shoulders from standing here . . . watching her shake her hands in the air.

         After stopping, she turned to her friend and allowed her arms to cross on top of her chest, throwing her gaze around her. The nerd turned to me and grinned sheepishly. “Her name’s Sapphire.” She blurted, nonchalantly, making me flash her a thankful smirk while Sapphire smacked her head in frustration.

           Honestly, I did not know what she actually had done . . . but I’m starting to get it. The way her hands moved fluidly in the air. It seemed she’s communicating with the use of sign language or something.

         And then it’s snapped . . . maybe it is!

         “That’s a beautiful name.” Those were the words the instantly escaped my mouth after I heard it. I can’t stop the grin that made its way onto my lips.

         My suspicions were correct! I shouldn’t have come seeking out since I heard it from the principal . . . I guess I was so blinded by the tune that was continuously bothering me that I didn’t pay much attention during the game night . . . but now she’s here . . .there’s nothing else occupying my thoughts but her.

         After she exhaled loudly, she began to stroll away. Her head was shaking all the way long while her companion turned to face me with a sympathetic smile.

         Sticking her hand out, she began to speak. “I’m sorry about my cousin’s behavior. My name’s Rosy by the way. I just want to tell you not to give up on her. She’s just quite feisty when it comes to boys. You should get to know her. We use sign language to communicate. Although we only learned the alphabets. We're a bit lazy to learn everything.” She told me before turning her back at me and running after her cousin, trying to catch up with her pace.

         I can’t understand it . . . is this what you’re supposed to feel when you found your mate? The way you can’t focus on a single thing but her? The sensations? The urge to take her into your arms and never let go? I could get used to that. Though what worries me is if I’ll freak her out.

         It’s hard to get a human as a mate . . .

Sapphire

         I was throwing words in the air with a tantrum. This guy was really getting into my nerves.

         He was. . . weird in some kind of way. Despite of his constant nagging . . . he made me feel something that no boy was able to do. Those sparks when we first touched under the tree, the shiver that chilled me straight to the bones . . . it was all coming from him. I certainly have no idea what’s going on, but is this like those I read from the romance book I got from the bookstores and the online eBook community wattpad? 

         “That’s a beautiful name.” I heard him mutter after I smacked my forehead in frustration.

         I did not expect for Rosy to blurt my name all of a sudden when I instead told her to tell him to go away. At first, that night at the game, he kept sparing me glances then knocking off a touchdown, Second, he sat under the tree beside me and we got acquainted . . . the next thing we knew, he was being nagged off by a cheerleader to join their so-called circle that sent me running off into the forest and getting into class late. Third, he was just so . . . persistent. He kept following me around—like a stalker—and kept on trying to get my attention.

         Was he that desperate? Or he was just plain annoying?

         Why don’t you give him a chance? A voice on the back of my mind said.

         A huge sigh escaped my lips and I began to stroll away on the opposite direction, all I want now is a fresh bottle of water to refresh my throbbing forehead. I shook my head at the voice’s suggestion.

         Then it made me think. What if I really give him a chance? It’s not like he did anything to me this morning, right? He did nothing wrong to me. What exactly was the reason why I’m trying to ignore him? It is because of the fact that my ‘simple and quiet high-school life’ would go hysteric because someone would think that I’m hanging out with . . . the star player of the football squad.

         Sighing, I grabbed a bottle of water and paid the woman standing behind the counter. I headed out for some fresh air.

         I think that reading would keep me preoccupied for a while . . . I can finally have peace. Otherwise, I could think about how my life would go if I started to talk to him. He seemed very  distinctive.

         Though it’s weird. For the first time in my life, I’m thinking over something that isn’t much too serious. He’s driving me crazy.

I'm sorry if it's short guys... just got my laptop back from the shop... *sighs* I actually need something mor durable than these kinds of devices. *groans and faints in frustration*