12) Alternate Endings

• Dedicated to Jazzmin Bentacu

(FYI: I've switched the two endings places so if you read the comments and they don't seem to make sense just imagine the Clover's Toxic Hero presented second instead of first.)

Just a warning there is a double suicide in the first ending so don't read it if it'll offend you.

First ending is the true ending.

 ~~~~

End it All: True Ending) Clover's Toxic Hero

Vast

  "No Vast, you listen to me." He said, "Clover is special he's father's one and only son, a proud son who will carry out his legacy and rule the world." Vast frowned at that and was quiet for a brief moment.

  "A bit cliché don't you think?" Nightmare laughed at that. "I'm a villain, isn't it what we aspire to do?" Nightmare asked with a shrug. Toxic spoke up then stepping into the circle and right into the line of fire.

  "You don't have to be a villain. I've seen you act like a decent human being. You saved that boy from being run over. Don't you remember?" Nightmare's easy smile wavered then. "You're not bad; you don't want to do this. Clover, Nightmare is hurting people and you're letting him." Toxic said. Nightmare glared at him then.

  "Shut up!" He snapped.

  "Come back to us Clover." Vast pleaded.

  "No!" Nightmare shouted balling his fists up. "Leave me alone!"

  "Clover please," Vast tried again and this time Nightmare took action. Vast felt the rush of Nightmare's anger and he felt his heart stop beating and a rush of pleasant happy memories things that Vast knew never happened but were things he and Clover always talked about doing, it was Clover's apology before everything went dark.

Toxic

  Toxic watched the light in Vast's eyes go out as his last breath escaped his lips with a light smile. Toxic couldn't stand still anymore. He lunged forward taking Nightmare by surprise as he tugged the villain into a bear hug.

  "He just killed your brother! Nightmare killed him and you're just going to sit on the sidelines and let him!?" He demanded Nightmare squirmed.

  "No! Let me go!" Toxic half expected Nightmare to take over his mind and force him to but no such thing happened. Maybe he was right; maybe Clover needed eye contact to use his powers on people. Without it Clover was powerless.

  "You're better than this Clover; you're not bad you've just been pushed into it. You can walk away." Toxic continued.

  "No! I can't I've gone too far!" His voice was riddled with sorrow and he wasn't fighting to get away anymore, he was clinging to Toxic as if he'd float away if he let go. "I can't she's too powerful, it's my fault! All of it, I can't stop!" Tears rushed down Clover's face as he cried. Murmurs rose up from the crowd as Nightmare's hold on them vanished. Toxic held Clover close letting him cry neither noticed Glimmer crawl over to Vast who was still breathing but his mind was gone.

Toxic: Ten Years Later

  Toxic landed on the roof top and looked over to the man sitting on the ledge with his legs dangling off one miscalculated move and he'd plummet to the ground forty stories down. His hair was shorter than the last time Toxic saw him. His face covered by a simple white mask, though it wasn't needed.

  His green eyes held pain, always holding onto that pain. He'd once said his pain of what he did was the only thing keeping him at bay. It was the only thing keeping him grounded. Toxic knew the man harbored more pain then anyone should ever be forced to hold onto, he'd tried to help ease some of it and the man left.