The lonely call

This was inspired by two things, a short story called "a flower an hour" and that was written by the person i dedicated this to. and this was inspired by "I Am Legend"

PROLOGUE:

i jerked up with a loud scream, my body is shaking and my bed is soaked in sweat. My memories fade away and I start breathing slower, did I have a nightmare? It's so hard to tell, so hard to remember, for it was my memories that brought this upon me. Or was it just a nightmare, just a fantasy? My memories are all mixed up now. "Time to get up!" I said loudly, to no one. There was no one there to listen, and no one but me to replie.

Rolling out of bed I got up and got dressed. The sun shown in and spied upon the small specks of dust that floated through the air. I stood there and blew at them, watching as they scrambled away and were shoved into nothingness. "Goodmorning Maddie" I said, again I was talking to myself but it felt strangly normal considering the circumstances.

I walked out of my room, and the wood floor creaked under my feet. Walking down the hallway and into the living room I turned on all the lights and opened all the blinds, letting the light in and lighting up the morning. I had forgotten about the nightmare, so I went on living out the morning. I ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, and started shaping up the house. For no reason at all, I made sure that the place was spotless.

"It's a great morning don't you think?" you get used to one sided conversations, so I'm going to spare you the details, but my happiness was definitely evident and seemingly endless. I opened the back door and walked out on the back porch, the sun light fell down and sang it's jubilant song, my smile widened and I loved it and I loved everything in the world. I walked back inside and closed the door. I sat down on the couch and started reading the news from 2008, five years ago, and read the politics section. Not the most fascinating article, but I was still in a good mood.

If I had known, what was going to happen in the future, like I already knew about the politics of 2008, I wouldn't have been happy. I wouldnt have been wasting time. Because in that minute, I put the newspaper down. I wanted to walk outside again and smell the air and see the sunshine. So I got up and walked to the front door. I opened it, and looked outside, but my eyes never made it high enough to see the sun. I was looking straight down, because right on my door step, was a letter and a red rose. But that's impossible, because I was the only one left, there was no one there to put it there. I was supposed to be alone...