Chapter 1

Please Read: ((This book is published and contains only a little over 20 chapters of the book. So the whole thing is not here. Everyone should know this before they read it only to find out the whole book is not here. Island Rush though is available on Amazon as an Ebook and in paperback if you decide you want to buy it if you like what you read!)) Thank you for reading regardless!))

Chapter 1

He stood in front of my desk, eyeing the phone I was hiding under it. The man looked annoyed and angry, just as I was. When he paused giving his lecture, and snatched my phone mid-text, what else was I supposed to feel other than anger?

As my gaze traveled up along with the phone, I caught his eyes that were now focused on me. The intensity of his deep brown eyes penetrated my senses. The young face of my teacher looked smooth and perfect. There was not one strand of his straight, brown hair out of place. There was not one wrinkle in his shirt, no facial hair or a sign of such, and not one tooth was crooked.

It was hard not to notice all that about him. He was the most attractive man in this room. I would even dare say the most attractive man I've seen at East Craftridge High, which took its name after our hometown. Thing was, he was just so... organized. There was not one thing out of place when it came to him, which just annoyed the hell out of me. I guess, he was a good teacher too. I would never tell him that though.

There was one thing that was weird, though: he was always watching me. I caught him staring at me during a test or when we were doing our other work in class as he sat behind his desk. With the looks, he gave me, most held nothing but the interest of observing. Blank-faced and just curious. When he would see I caught him looking, he would turn back to his work in front of him.

One of the first times I caught him staring at me was when I was in the middle of taking a test. His eyes were not of a robotic-like man for once; it wasn't professional that time. He had fire I had never seen before. A fire that lit up his features. He had quickly looked away, though.

I knew that it either meant nothing or that I read his expressions wrong because of a framed picture that sat on his desk. It was of his girlfriend and apparently, they recently became engaged. I had to remind myself that I didn't care. Didn't care about him, his soon-to-be wife, or his happy future.

At this moment though in the present, as he now held my phone, he was annoyed. I smirked up at him from where he stood beside my desk, showing that he in no way had any effect on me. I was radiating a mask worthy to be called an actual face for how often I used it. Nobody could tell I was hiding anything after so much practice.

"Obviously, I am boring you. The only reason you would be texting your friends during my class would be because you must understand the subject. So would you like to go to the board and do an example of what this lesson covers?" Mr. Rush asked, voice smooth and beautiful even though it held an annoyed tone.

Fixing my eyes on his with my head tilted up, I tried not to falter from his eye's effect on me. "No, I don't want to. I don't understand any of this and don't care to. But, you are right saying you are boring me."

He just stared at me. He was used to my dumb comebacks. Nobody would ever dare talk back to him — nobody in my class anyway. All except for me and I did it all the time. Some of the brave ones in the class let out a chuckle as I remained with my gaze locked on his.

"You do realize that we are a week away from the trip to the Bahamas, correct?" His eyes narrowed with fine eyebrows framing them. His long fingers were flipping the phone around in his hands mindlessly as he stood straight with his shoulders back. "There is still time for you to receive another detention. As you know, any student who has over five detentions this year will not be going. One more and you aren't going." He gave me a look that dared me to go on. He would know too. I got four detentions this year, and all were given to me by him. I quickly shut my mouth. I needed this trip more than he could imagine.