Chapter Twenty Four (final chapter!)

Don't forget to vote & comment!

__________________________ ♡ ✡ ♋ __________________________

Just to be safe, I refused to let my mouth leave John's now human form neck. I had to make sure he was dead - I had to make sure I'd won. 

The full thing had gone by in a blur, so fast it was hard to describe how I felt. I can remember us bickering one moment, seeing my mum and my best friend the next, to killing him. 

I'd killed John.

I lifted my head from his lifeless body and looked down, inspecting what I'd done. I'd done a pretty damn good job - so why did I feel so sad? I felt dirty, even though this should be a moment of celebration. 

Spitting some of his blood out of my mouth, I sat on top of him, shifting back and letting the tears freely fall down my face. I'd expected it to be more than this. I'd expected him to put up a real fight. But he didn't, and that's what scared me. He looked like he was happy to die. 

Maybe he wanted to be reunited with his mate once and for all. Maybe he wanted freedom from what he'd gotten himself into. Whatever it was, I didn't care. It was finally over. This week full of danger and dilemmas was done. I could go back to being normal.

Wait, no I couldn't. I'm a shifter, I have a mate, my best friend and mum are dead... I'll never be normal. 

The metallic taste of blood re-entered my mouth, and I reached for a bucket that was hidden under John's desk before throwing up all of the blood that I'd taken in. I was still sitting on top of John. I was still in shock. 

"Georgia?" A feminine, soft voice came from outside of the closed office door. I recognised it as Kacey's voice as a mumble of a 'come in' left my mouth. 

Kacey cautiously opened the door, roaming her eyes around the room until her eyes set on me and her dad. I placed the bucket to the side and stood up, ignoring the throbbing pain in my head. It took Kacey a few moments to register to the scene before her. 

"You... you won." she whispered, her eyes trained on her dad. She encountered the fact that I was naked and aimlessly threw me some of her clothes. I slipped them on quickly, watching her moves. 

"Kacey, I'm s-"

"I'm proud of you." her eyes eventually met mine, tears bundled up, her lip trembling. 

My mouth gaped as I looked at her, "You are?"

"Yeah. Someone who can actually beat my dad - I'm impressed." Kacey smiled at me, relief feeling her face. "He's gone."

"What do you mean?"

"I never liked my dad." she explained. "He was too controlling, too possessive. I've always wanted his ego to be ruined, and now it has. What I'm saying is... thank you." 

The waterfalls began, and we both ran into each others arms sobbing. I sniffled, "I'm glad it's finally over too."

Kacey pulled back, looking me in the eyes. "I called for Hale."

"What? Why? What did you tell him?" I blurted out, totally forgetting about the dead Alpha on the floor. 

"Well, halfway through your fight with my dad I came downstairs to see if I could hear anything. And when I knew you'd won, I rang him and told him to get here as soon as possible with wine and chocolate because it's time to celebrate. He obviously caught on..." she smiled genuinely, rubbing her hands on her thighs.

"He's gonna be so mad at me." I mumbled, running my hands over my face. 

"He won't." Kacey said. "He'll be wanting to know if you're okay, basically. He's glad it's over."

"He told you that?"

"He did."

"Georgia?!" I heard someone shout from around the corner. The air instantly became hotter, and I knew that Hale was here. 

"I'm in here!" I called back, feeling nervousness bubble up inside of me. Two seconds later Hale and my dad ran into the room, their faces flooded with shock before they both breathed a sigh of relief. 

Hale's eyes travelled down to John's pale, lifeless body, then they returned to mine.

"You done that?" He asked, pointing at John.

I nodded, not wanting to speak in case I just burst into tears. I had no idea how he was going to react. "I'm s-sorry..."

"Come here." He said softly, opening his arms. I ran into them, the sob that I had been holding in finally escaping. 

"I didn't want anyone else to die, Hale... I just did it... I'm sorry..." I wailed. 

"I am so proud of you." Hale whispered into my ear so only I could here. "But please, don't ever do anything like this without telling me or your dad. He turned crazy, it was horrible." 

I laughed on his chest, smiling at how normal we were. Hale kissed my forehead.

"Well, at least it's over now." I said, pulling back and wiping my eyes.

"I'm so mad at you." Dad warned, giving me 'the look' that all dad's give.

"I know."

"Who's going to take over the pack now?" He asked instead, totally changing the topic. I frowned at him, "What? I've been doing my research."

"I guess it'll have to be me." Kacey cut in, stepping forwards a little. "I am his only child. It does go down the Alpha bloodline, right?"

"Yeah." Hale agreed. "It does."

"Right. Well, I'm going to go." Kacey said, heading for the door. 

"Kacey?" I called.

She turned around, a little stunned, "Yeah?"

"Keep in touch?"

"Okay." she smiled, leaving the room. 

"We have a lot to talk about, young lady." Dad said, pointing. 

"Why don't we talk about it later, dad?" I tried, wrapping my arm around Hale's back. "I think I've had enough drama for today."

"I agree." Hale said as we all left the building. "But first, I need to tell the pack that it's over now. You do know they've been working so hard for this."

"I bet John's pack has been too." Dad cut in. 

"They'll forgive me." I smiled, looking up at the stars as we headed to the car. "After all, I am Royalty." 

Dad climbed into the back of the car, and I went to go around the corner, but Hale pulled me back. 

"You wouldn't have known that if..." He pushed, placing a kiss on my lips.

I smiled, "I wouldn't have known that unless I hired a prostitute to take my virginity." 

__________________________ ♡ ✡ ♋ __________________________

READ: EVERYONE TAKE ONE SECOND TO THINK ABOUT THIS. 

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER

I HAVE FINISHED THE BOOK

HOLY JESUS I CAN'T COPE I REALLY CAN'T

I'm so happy at how this has ended as well, I love it so much. I feel so happy right now I'm in love aw oh ma gawd please lord help me aw wojsofhsofhsoe. 

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the last chapter of my book, and I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have loved writing it ;D

I hope I haven't left you feeling confused, if so please tell me so I can fix things to your standards.