This was my choice. I chose it (12)

Heeeeeey :) I loved all of our song suggestions and comments on the last chapter! Thank you :)

Here's the booooooook :
>>>>>

~Valerie~

I woke up with a bad mood. Not a good Luna-y thing to do. I didn't know why I was in such a sour mood, the ball is tonight! I felt like something bad was going to happen. I killed me not knowing what.

I walked down the stairs to see everyone preparing for the ball. They were screaming orders at eachother which was giving me an annoying headache.

I rolled my eyes and walked back upstairs. I climbed out my window and onto the roof. The view on the roof was beautiful! I felt like I could see for miles! It seemed like the only spot where I can get peace and quiet.

I sighed in content and layed down on the roof. All I heard was the birds chirping and the wind howling. There was no screaming and no rushing. Just me.

I closed my eyes and let the darkness of sleep swallow me.

>>>>>

I woke up by someone clearing their throat and stomping their foot. I look up and saw a guy a little older than me smirking at me.

"You know, I never heard of a girl who slept on the roof before" He chuckled.

'And I never heard of a man to wake a girl up when they are sleeping on the roof' I retorted.

He rolled his eye and smiled at me. "I'm Sebastian, by the way"

'I'm Valerie'

"Is there a story on why you talk only through mindlink?"

'It's complicated' I sighed while sitting up.

"That's my favorite kind" He responded before sitting down next to me and getting comfortable.

~Dustin~

I looked in the mirror. I looked hot! My tuxedo makes me look sexy and professional. I smirked at myself and walked away. I was a total package just missing one thing : my mate.

The one person that would love me regardless and cherish me forever. I long for my soul mate. It's been three years since I turned 16 and I haven't found my mate yet!

When I got downstairs, I saw many people still getting stuff ready.

Damien saw me and greeted me instantly. "Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah.. Where's Val?" I asked looking around. No sign of my sister anywhere.

"She texted me saying she'll meet us there" Damien grumbled.

"What if she's late?" I wondered.

"Dustin, these things go on all night!" He joked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me to the awaiting limo.

Here we go...

>>>

It has been three hours and a list of things happened so far:

•Damien and I got drunk really fast

•Valerie still hasn't come

•We danced like weirdos

•Valerie still hasn't come

•We rejected a bunch of desperate sluts

As you can see, my night was alright.

Damien and I were currently downing shots when we heard girls talking near us.

"Did you see that girl that Sebastian walked in with?!"

"Yeah! Ugh! She is so gorgeous, I hate her!"

"What was her name?"

"It was V-something. Vicky, Vassie, Vonnie-"

"Valerie! Her name was Valerie!"

Damien spit out his fourth shot and his eyes widened. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch" He growled before storming away to go find this Sebastian guy. I was running after him until I smelled a sensational smell. It smelled like cinnamon and strawberries! I followed the scent and found a beautiful girl already staring at me.

I walked up to her. "Hey, i'm Dustin"

"Hi, my name is Sarah"

"What a beautiful name" I smiled. She slightly smiled back. I could tell she was hesistant about this.

"Well, want to-"

Then, I heard a crash. 'Dustin? Dustin?! Help! Damien is beating up Sebastian and I don't know why?!'

'Coming'

"I'm sorry, I have to find my sister" I excused before running after Valerie's scent.

What I found was chaotic. Damien was punching the shit out of Sebastian and he just took the blows. Well, that was his Alpha. Valerie was off on the side looking guilty. I grabbed Damien and threw him in Valerie's direction. Then, I grabbed Sebastian and started dragging/carrying him. Suddenly, my mate ran up.

"Oh my god! What happened to my brother?!" She asked.

Well, what are the odds..

"Alpha punched him, repeatedly" I mumbled.

"Here, let me lead you to the infirmary" She insisted before walking off with me trailing behind her.

~Valerie~

I grabbed Damien's arm and led him outside.

'What the hell was that?'

'What are you talking about?'

'Why did you punch Sebastian?!'

'Why do you care?!'

'He was my friend!'

'Ugh. Are you cheating on me?'

'Damien, you're drunk!'
I realized. 'We'll talk again in the morning, okay?' I said before I turned and started walking away.

"Ugh. Why did I have to have the worldest most weak and complicated mate" He muttered.

I turned around to face him again. 'You know, I CAN FUCKING HEAR YOU?!'

'You're such a jerk' I spat before walking away.

I didn't get far when I felt something yank me back. "Valerie-"

'LET ME GO!' I yelled.

'You know what? Fine! You aren't even worth the fight! So, run off and be complicated. Some of us would like to enjoy the party!' He slurred even through mindlink.

He walked away. Tears were escaping and racing down my cheeks. My mate just grabbed my heart and broke it. I can't believe he said that.

I decided to take a small walk in the gardens. I enjoyed all the insects and flowers.

>>>>

About half an hour later, I felt a pain. It was a burning pain in my heart that left me gasping for air.

'What the hell is happening?!'

'Our mate is mating' My wolf revealed.

I gasped in shock and raced home to prove my wolf wrong. A part of me knew she was right but the other part of me was in full denial.

I ran to the pack house and to the Alpha floor. When I got there, I smelled the fresh scents of a she-wolf and my mate. I slowly walked to his bedroom. I didn't have to open the door to know what was going on. I could hear her moans from outside. I quickly ran back to my room. I packed a bag of clothes. I changed from my ball gown to battle gear that doesn't rip when you shift. I decided to write a note before I left.

Dear Damien,

I needed a break. Scratch that. I need time for me. Away from everyone. The way you were last night reminded me of someone I hoped to forget forever if I could. I know you were drunk and probably won't remember that you got mad at me and mated with another she-wolf. Don't come looking for me. I'll come back when I feel like it. As for the cheating thing, I hoped she can be a better Luna to everyone than I could be. Tell Dustin that I love him and I hope he isn't mad at you for me leaving. This was my choice. I chose it.

See you soon. Love,

Valerie

I left it on top of my bed and walked away. I walked away from the ball. Away from the packhouse. Away from my mate.

Soon, I was away from the Dark Knight Pack.

And not once did I look back

>>>>

Ahhh! Valerie left! Sorry Varien Shippers! Sometimes the steak needs a little sizzle!

Who is liking Sebastian? Well, we haven't heard much from him.

Dustin found his mate! I sense a rocky beginning for them. Don't ask. Just Read.

Lmao.

VOTE
COMMENT
FAN
INBOX

Mmkay Bye ✌️