Britain

I am the master of updates. The ultimate. xD

Britain:

Germany was angry, that was quite obvious. I couldn't help but smile at him while he glared daggers at me from inside his lovely...prison cell.

“Something the matter?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow. Oh, I was so clever. So, so, clever. He hadn't even seen this coming! Part of me wondered what it was that had distracted him so much that he'd let his guard down completely, but I didn't bother asking.

I didn't honestly care for the answer.

We had a captive now. And it was Germany.

“You've got to let me go, Britain. Please. You don't understand-” I held up my hand, shushing him.

“There's no point in trying, Germany. You're not leaving.” He sighed sadly, bowing his head. This made me smile even more. He was so...different, from his usual self.

“What's with the change?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

He remained silent, and I shrugged.

“Well, I've got to go up and have some tea...or something. But if you need anything,” I paused. “I'll be back in four hours or so, so wait till then.”

Holding captives was always fun. I thought to myself as I made my way back upstairs.

“America?” I called out, looking around for him. I'd told him to wait on the steps for me! I reminded myself. Where on Earth had he--A familiar pair of arms wraps themselves around me from behind, and I blush.

“America.” I mutter, glancing around us. “Not now. Let go.”

America laughs, but does as I ask. “Sorry, Britain. Just felt the need for a hug.” He placed his hands in his coat pockets as he closed his eyes and yawned.

I gave him a look. “Are you alright? Tired?” He nodded.

“Yeah, actually. Being this handsome has its setbacks. I need some sleep.”

I rolled my eyes at his comment but nodded and pointed to the room we had...shared the other night. The redness in my cheeks grew more visible. America watched me for a moment, a wide grin on his face, before turning and heading back towards my bedroom.

“See you tonight, don't stay up too late, alright?” He called out, turning around one last time to blow a kiss in my direction.

I froze in place, embarrassed and just...a tad bit happy, as he turned back, laughing a little too hard.

“Asshat.” I whispered as I watched him disappear down the hallway. I'd told Germany I'd be back in four hours, so I had time to waste. “But on what?” I murmured to myself, wishing quietly that America hadn't gone to bed.

You could always convince him to stay up, I thought to myself. I scoffed. “Oh please. I'm not that kind of person. And America would never...” I blinked and thought about this. Would America like it if I did stuff like that? If I tempted him? Gave him a little something to stay up for?

I pictured us kissing, and immediately shook my head. “No, no, no. That won't do.” I whispered, still making my way back towards my room anyway.

Sure, I wasn't going to try and seduce him...But I was still lonely. And even if staying in the room while he slept was all I got, I'd be okay with that.

At least then I could watch his handsome face as he slept softly. The image of him sleeping appeared in my mind, leaving me with pink on my cheeks again. Oh dear God. I felt like such a child. Blushing over the slightest things. Pfftt.

I knocked on the door softly, holding my breath as I waited for him to answer. When he mumbled a groggy “Mmph”, I entered the room as quietly as I could.

America was laying on the bed, curled up in a massive heap of blankets, looking exhausted. I frowned. I couldn't make him stay up now! He looked so tired!

A slight change in my plans...

“America...Can I lay down with you?” I whispered shyly. He made me act so different than what I was used to. Sure, he pissed me off almost each and every time we were around one another...But at the same time...He was sweet. Kind, in a way.

“Mmhmm.”

He obviously had to have something I saw in him, considering I confessed to him just a couple days ago. I wouldn't have confessed if he didn't have a least one good quality.

I frowned.

Now, if only I could figure out what it was that made him almost irresistible...Maybe I could stop this.

Part of my loved America. Part of me yearned to be with him.

But that was only part of me.

As I snuggled in the bed next to him, I allowed all my thoughts about anything else leave me. All I wanted for now, was to be happy with America.

I knew it wouldn't last long. I knew I'd have to give this all up tomorrow, and go back to how I was then...

But that thought left me quickly as I curled up beside him, closing my eyes.