32: Anastasia

__________________________________________

Michael's hands gingerly landed on my shoulders after he walked into the bathroom. "Evie?"

I turned my head to the side. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

I nodded.

"Are you lying to me?"

"Yes." I muttered. "I'm sorry, it's just..."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder to stare at us through the mirror. His green eyes scanned my face completely. I wonder if he knew just how beautiful he really was. His cute tangled hair and his 'Come to bed' eyes.

"John and I will be fine."

I shook my head. "I know..."

He laughed and I watched that smile I loved so much light up his face. I turned around from the mirror and faced him. "You're lying to me again? I thought you'd know by now that John and I do know what we're doing."

"What if there is--?"

"Evie," He scolded playfully. His hand stroked my cheek before saying, "Finish getting ready."

I rolled my eyes and watched him walk out of the bathroom. I showered and put on a pair of jeans, a grey t-shirt and a dark blue hoodie. By the time I finished it was six-thirty in the evening and Michael was downstairs on the phone to, I'm guessing, John.

He turned around after he hung up. "Ready?"

I nodded. "How long is the drive?"

"About half hour." 

I took a deep breath before walking out to his car and relaxing into it. After twenty minutes I knew we were growing closer.

"Are you scared?"

I shook my head. "No, not really."

"You should be,"

"And why's that?"

"Because Grandmother Anastasia is a scary woman." Michael winked at me and pushed the gas pedal down when the light turned green. "Unfortunately, it is through these circumstances."

"Of course." I mumbled. "If you and John were not going to look for a third scent, I'd of like to meet her on a different occasion. Like a casual dinner. Not for her to keep me locked up all night while you go out."

"Well, John seems to think you'll go out after unsuccessfully trying to find that vampire. To be honest I agree with him. You should stay here until we get back."

We drove down a nice road and stopped on a cul-de-sac. Sam's car was parked outside a nice two story house.

The rest of the week had gone by with no specific events to date. Attacks happened, work happened, Michael not daring to give me anything other than a kiss. 

Have I been deprived of his intimate touch? I'm not even going to lie, I have. And he knows it. We snuggle at night, we hug and hold each other but as soon as we kiss or go slightly, just by a tad, further he'd stop me. And there wasn't a reason that needed to be said. 

"You alright?"

I blinked to realise that we were parked in the drive, the car already turned off and the light in the hallway had been turned on. 

"Yes. Just thinking about this week." I mumbled.

He chuckled. "What about it?"

"How it has been uneventful. How today is Saturday and nothing has happened."