Ch. 8 (PG-13)--Delight Turns into Devastation

“Thorin’s Dream of Love”, Ch. 8 (PG-13)--Delight Turns into Devastation,   

October 24, 2013 Gratiana Lovelace

(This is an original fan fiction story by Gratiana Lovelace; All rights reserved;  The characters from “The Hobbit:  An Unexpected Journey” and “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” are owned by Warner Brothers, no copyright infringement is intended)

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story with my dream cast of:  Richard Armitage as Prince Thorin Oakenshield, Lucy Griffiths as Lady Kiralin, Jeffrey Thomas as King Thror, Mike Mizrahi as Prince Thrain, Lee Pace as King Thranduil, Graham McTavish as Lord Dwalin, Orlando Bloom as Prince Legolas, Evangeline Lilly as Captain Tauriel, Ken Stott as Lord Balin, Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond, and Adam Brown as Gralin, etc.]

Author’s Mature Content Note:  “Thorin’s Dream of Love” is a story of romance and intrigue set amidst the backdrop of Middle Earth.  As such there will be some passages in this story involving heartfelt love scenes (R rated) and some passages involving highly dramatic moments.  I will label the maturity rating of those chapters accordingly.  Otherwise, the general rating for this story is PG or PG-13 due to some mature situations and topics.  If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide, then please do not read the chapters with those labels.  This is my disclaimer.

Author’s Recap from the previous installment:  After happily seeing the Elven delegation off the morning after Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin wed, King Thror and Prince Thrain’s attempt to broach the topic of court protocol training for the new Princess Kiralin--did not get very far with Prince Thorin, who countered that he would be her guide.  There was also the negotiation of where they will live--in the Dale Villa gift from Princess Kiralin’s family or inside the Fortress Palace of Erebor.  A compromise was reached there as well.  Then Princess Kiralin happily moved her clothing and personal effects into Prince Thorin’s bed chamber and an adjacent room that they commandeered for a sitting room.  Sadly, they have lovely plans that will never be realized.

“Thorin’s Dream of Love”, Ch. 8 (PG-13)--Delight Turns into Devastation

Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin sneak out of the Erebor Fortress Palace to tour the Balin Family Villa on the beautiful hillside of Dale [(2) right]  that is to be given them by Princess Kiralin’s father Lord Balin as part of her wedding dowry. 

Corbin:  An old family retainer of nearly 300 years haltingly admits Prince Thorin and his bride to the Dale Villa.  “This way if you please, My Prince and My Princess.”  His grandfatherly eyes twinkle to have his favorite mistress Kiralin now a princess and she smiles back at him.

Princess Kiralin: “Thank you, Corbin.  You rest and I will show Prince Thorin our new home.”  Corbin nods and goes to attend to other duties. Princess Kiralin shows Prince Thorin the main living areas and the private bed chamber wing, then out to the back veranda overlooking  the beautifully tended garden that goes up the hillside.   Looking hopefully at her husband as they end their tour of the Dale Villa, Princess asks. “So do you truly like it, my husband?”

Prince Thorin: “Like it?”  She nods.  “No.”  He states blandly, amusement trying to peek out of his eyes.

Princess Kiralin: “Oh.”  She pouts.

Prince Thorin:  Pulling her into his warm embrace, he says huskily.  “I love it!”  Then he kisses her soundly for several minutes. 

When they come up for air, Princess Kiralin [(3) right]  has an almost beatific look upon her face as she gazes lovingly at her husband Prince Thorin.