Chapter Three

CHAPTER 3

==================

I dedicated a chapter to @mizeroangel just because I am such a huge fan of her writing. If you've never read anything she wrote, you are missing out. Go check her out, well after you are done reading my works, but don't try to compare us. Hands down she is a whole nother level of writing talent.

==================

James knew his mom always parked the car behind the house and therefore wasn't in danger of being seen getting to the car, as the backyard had a high fence around it.

Heading for the door with his heart pounding and head spinning, James searched himself for the courage to do this. If he was seen with his mom, he began to think he would be recognized, sure and certain. His life at Memorial Christian Academy would be over if anyone from there figured out this was him.

Fate or luck was not on his side right now or so it seemed. He was on his way to Fashion Towne Mall looking like one of the "chicks" he would normally be there oggling himself. He could not believe he was actually doing this and as reality set in, his nerves were quickly getting the better of him.

Exiting the house behind him, Carol observed how delicately James walked to the passenger side of the car and got in, in a manner more lady-like than she could ever have hoped for.

Heading down the street, Carol thought about how there had been no big fuss when they were getting ready to leave like she was prepared for. James seemed much more confident than she would have ever imagined, but now as she observed James sitting next to her, he was visibly shaking.

His beautifully made-up face had a look of sheer terror. Had he made it this far only to let his nerves get the best of him? She couldn't let that happen, not after she had gotten him this far. He needed a boost of confidence and she knew that the detour she had planned was just the thing that would give it to him.

Approaching the next block, Carol made a quick right turn that threw James off guard before he soon realized where they were headed.

Quicker than he could find his voice well enough to protest, they were pulling into the parking lot of the Beauty Bar Salon. A salon James had been to many times, though never as a customer. This salon was owned and operated by his grandmother.

James began to panic, "What are you doing, mom? Why are we here?!? Momma! I can't go in there!"

"Calm down, and yes you can. Now listen. I want you to do something for me," his mom explained in a pleading tone, attempting to calm him down.

"I ...I can't get out of this car. Not here, not at grandma's salon?"

"There could be money in it for you."

This piqued his interest, just as she knew it would and he replied, "I-I guess so, ma-maybe. Wait, no! Absolutely not, she'll recognize me. . ." James exhaled deeply and in a defeated tone he asked, "What exactly is it that you want me to do? And how much are we talking?"

He sputtered a bit, leary of what his mom was about to suggest but at the same time, he was always ready to make some extra cash.

What I'm am I getting myself into? James mentally asked himself. The money won't be worth it if gram recognizes me. But, I really do look like a girl and a pretty one at that. I don't think I look ANYTHING like myself. I can probably pull off whatever it is she wants me to do, as long as it doesn't take long.

"I want you to go in with me to see Gram---Now hold on. Just hear me out before you protest. I bet you that we can go in and introduce you as one of my fashion models and she won't ever figure out it's you. I'll pay you fifty dollars just to go in there and if you can be convincing enough that she doesn't figure it out I'll give you another $100," she stated flatly.