Prologue

Thank you  JadoreRomantic for the cover!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long time ago...

The small girl stood in the middle of the fairground. She seemed to disappear, only to reappear again a couple of seconds after. Everyone stopped briefly to look at her, only to dismiss the fact that she had even existed; they just continued whatever they were doing.

The shouts of excitement and fun meant nothing to her. She just stood there, motionless to the world. The little girl held a blood red balloon in one hand and a ragged doll in the other. A couple of seconds later, she dropped the doll as if she was spoilt and didn't like it anymore. She also simultaneously loosened her grip on the balloon and let it fly. It popped before it reached too high.

The little girl had long dark hair that was styled like barely opened curtains, extremely pale skin and dark eyes that seemed to suck up all the life from her. She wore a long black dress that seemed to suit her perfectly and also made her stand out from the flashy colours the other people were wearing.

The little girl wore the expression of someone who had just lost a dear relative or friend - has probably had by the looks of it.

But there was something else that seemed to get everyone's brain to recall the fact that she was still there and once again put their full attention on her. They all stopped operating their rides. Was it the way she smiled in an evil way or the way she kept a distance from all of them register their full attention? Or was it the fact that she was the cruelest looking girl they had ever seen?

The girl seemed to read all their minds and laughed. The vibrant colours of the fairground no longer seemed to be all bright and sunny, but very intimidating indeed.

The girl raised her palms upwards and all of the rides sprung to life. It wasn't at all part of the customers plan for the day at all. It was all far beyond the unexpected. Hardly likely that they thought an eight year old megalomaniac with superpowers would kill them all.

The little girl's vile laugh echoed across the whole fairground, overpowering the screams of the dead.

The rides went faster and faster until all you could see was a blur. No normal human or anything living could ever survive it.

The rest of the people who were either operating the rides or were not even on the ride died of shock, suicide or by invisible shocks of electricity. Black spheres rose from her palms as she collected the energy of the dead.

"Let the feast begin. I am Lamia!" the girl shouted wildly to the audience - the dead audience.

No need to fight the forces of evil when you could be part of it. Despite being only eight years old, the little girl had sucked the lives of many more thousands. Sometimes she had even feasted on the other children in her care home. Nobody ever found out the true story and they never will. It is hardly believable that she had kidnapped them and sucked their souls and blood. The strange way of eating was in fact inherited from her parents.

Her mother was a Lamia - a sacred and evil creature that was half human, half serpent - and her name was Bella Serpente. She was quite known amongst the others for BLOODY MURDER.

Her father was a Vampire, not a relatively important or powerful one, but still one of them. 

But the little girl inherited neither, nor was she a human, but the beginning of a new kind.

A cursed kind...