Chapter Three

I saw ray and right away knew that I was in trouble. I WAS in trouble.

"Hey" Ray said.

"Uh... umm hey?" I said slowly walking back.

"Hey! I'm not mad at you for punching me. You got balls kid" Ray said.

"What do you want with him? Ray get out of my house!" Lucy yelled running down the stairs I saw her long legs run down them.

"Shhh Lucy. I'm talking to my friend Art. What are you doing right now?"

"Me?" I said pointing to myself.

"Yeah!" he said rolling his eyes.

"Nothing" I said slowly.

"Good lets go to a party. We are going to be good friends"

Change. This is my chance to change. I'll have cool friends, I'll win Lucy over.

"Lets go. I'll drive" I said. Ray smiles and looks at Lucy then me.

"Lets go Art" Ray said jumping off the porch. I looked at Lucy and she did not look pleased.

"I'm coming too" She said.

"Whoa whoa look you grew some!" Ray said laughing. Doesn't Lucy always goes to parties? Am I doing this right? okay I have to leave. I can't do this, I don't belong here.

"Ray. I should really be getting home" I said. He stopped in the middle of the street and looked at me.

"Come on you can't just ditch us" ray said. He was right. I can't leave Lucy with him!

"Okay" I said. Ray threw me his car keys.

~~~

Being at this party is the most awkward thing I've ever been through. I'm just sitting on the couch with the stoner heads. Damn are they weird. I look to the left of me and the girl was staring at me. I gave her a small smile and she rolled her eyes. Her blood shot eyes with a thick glossy cover.

"Want some?" she yelled over the music.

"No thank you but thanks for asking" I said shaking my head.

"Whatever man" I heard her say under her breath. Ugh that breath of pure gross.

I look straight ahead and saw ray walking towards me. He looked drunk and somewhat high.

"Art come on and drink! We need to party this bitch up!" ray screamed as the other drunken teens cheered.

"Um sure" I said. My point of view on drinking is try it once. Well here's my chance. I take a sip out of the red solo cup and choked on the bitter taste of warm beer. Ray threw my arm in the air and scream yeah! I smiled and drank some more and more. I was finally having the senior year I've always wanted. I just needed Lucy. I walked up to her. She was being all cute like always. Sitting on a bar stool drinking from a red solo cup.

"Cheers!" I said. I must of scared her because she jumped.

"I'm sorry!" I said loudly.

"It's fine Hun" she called me Hun!

"Okay"

"Art I'm gonna go"

"No please stay!"

"I should really be going"

"No come on let's dance just one song!"

"One song!" she said laughing as I took her hand.

We danced like fools all night. Seeing her laugh made me smile. Seeing that I was the one who made her laugh made me even happier. It was about 3 in the morning and we were falling asleep on the couch where the stoners were. I was laying on my back and she was laying on top of me on her stomach. She looked so calm sleeping. My eyes fell heavy and I was fast asleep.