Chapter two

My first thought was to reach for a weapon, he could be dangerous! What if mum and dad did organize this? I'd scare the poor boy too death!

"Who are you" I asked, making sure there was a good distance between us. The door was open so I could easily run away.

"I can tell you that...But with time" He sat up slowly and smiled at me. "All you need to know is that I won't hurt you" He talked to me so calmly, probably so I would believe him.

"Look, you tell me who you are or you get out now" I frowned, he just looked at me sadly.

"I can't. I've scared you enough already. Please, let me explain with time. I know that at the moment you're on edge, obviously, finding a handsome boy laying on your bed who you don't know is kind of a surprise" He chuckled, big headed git. "But I can promise you, I can give you my word that I will not lay  a finger on you. After all, I'm here to make you happy" He flashed me a cheesy smile and I raised an eyebrow at him. This was so strange.

"Are you a long lost cousin or something? My mum and dad don't speak to my aunties or grandparents so I don't really know why you're here" I frowned, squinting my eyes at him hoping to find some resemblance in his facial features. All I found was blue sparkly eyes, cute little dimples and smooth lips. He'd be a heart breaker...Probably is already.

He looked mysterious, I mean, the blond short hair did suit his attitude. Was it strange that he reminded me of a jock? You know, cocky, bigheaded, tough looking but hot. He'd charm all the girls into bed with him and then brag about it all year round. Yeah, thankfully I wasn't into guys like that.

A strange yet funny thought popped into my head. What if he was a male stripper for me!? I mean, my mum was a calm ellegant woman but...Maybe she wanted to make my eighteenth one I wouldn't forget!

"What?" He piped up. "You look worried" He watched me closely and I had a strange urge to giggle.

"I just thought of something" I whispered, watching him carefully in case he jumped off and tore his clothes off. Now that...Would be a sight to scar you for life.

"Tell me" He was intrigued. He wanted to know and I was too embarrassed to tell him. "Whoa. You've turned into a tomato" It took me a minute but then I realized he was talking about my cheeks, I was blushing. "Are you having sexy thoughts about me?" He smirked and winked making me choke on air.

"No! I just... I thought..."

"Spill"

"I thought you was a stripper" I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly, waiting for his response. We both stayed silent, staring into each others eyes.

Then he burst out laughing. Rolling back onto my bed holding his stomach whilst i stood there, cheeks getting brighter every second that went on. "A stripper!?" He cried out...Well, I take it that from all the laughing he was giving off that he wasn't a stripper. Now I just felt stupid. "I mean, I know that I'm hot and all but a stripper!?" 

"Sh! Be quiet! My mum will hear!" I panicked and he stopped laughing, standing up. 

"Oh Ashley" he chuckled quietly. "It's fine, your mum won't hear me" He began walking over to me, slowly so I didn't panic and run off. "I mean, If you want me to be your own personal stripper, then please, let me strip" He winked and I felt like my cheeks were going to explode. 

"Are you some kind of ex boyfriend?" I blurted out, trying to change the subject quickly. By the looks of his face, it was working. His cheeky smile dropped and he looked at me sadly.

"No. Look, it's better if you stop asking who I am. Trust me" He stood right in front of me.

"Well...Do you have a name?" I asked and he thought for a moment. Why the hell would you think of your own name?

"Jay. Call me Jay" He smiled.

"So Jay...What are you doing here?" I asked since he wouldn't tell me who he was. He at least had to answer that question.

"I've come to make you happy, Ashley" He smiled at me sadly and went to take my hand but I moved it away quickly. "I've watched you...Oh you've been so sad"

"You've been watching me!?" I frowned and stepped back. What if my mum didn't know about him being here? What if he's some crazy stalker that's just crept into my room!?

"Ashley calm down" He panicked, "Please. I will explain but just calm down" I took a few deep breaths and waited for him to speak again. I wanted answers and he'd only talk when I was calm. "I don't think I can say. I've scared you enough already"

"You tell me now or I get my mum in here, we'll kick you out. Better yet, I'll call the police" I frowned at him, he didn't seem to care.

"You'd be wasting your time" He sighed and sat down.

"Fine. MUM!" I shouted, I could hear her fast footsteps approaching quickly. Jay just sat down, waiting patiently as if he had no care in the world. As soon as my mum run in I stared at her, waiting for her to answer all of the questions I asked him.

"What's wrong hunny?" She looked worried.

"Why is there a random boy in my room" I frowned and she raised an eyebrow at me. "Don't play games with me mum because I'm highly pissed off at the moment" 

"Ashley...What are you talking about?" Mum walked into my room more and scanned in, I watched as her eyes looked right past Jay and to the closet. "Is he..." She gestured to the closet and I frowned, shaking my head and pointing to the bed. She got down on her knee's and then looked under the bed. "Hunny, I can't see anyone" She stood up slowly, checking my bed to see if anyone was in it whilst Jay sat there watching her. "Are you feeling okay? How much sleep did you get last night?"

I felt sick and confused. Mostly confused of course. Mum wouldn't mess with my mind like this. I know her, she wouldn't even dare to think about it. So if my mother couldn't see Jay and I could...What did that mean?

"You look pale" She whispered walking up to me and feeling my head for a temperature.

"I was going to explain" Jay pipped up and mum was still fussing over me. She couldn't hear him, or she was ignoring him. "She can't see me Ashley, or hear me, feel me, sense me...No one but you can" He looked at me sadly, he wanted me to believe him but all of this didn't make sense. Was I going crazy!?

"I think I just need some sleep. Sorry" I walked to my bed and got in it, avoiding where Jay was sitting. "Bye" I whispered as mum nodded and walked out, closing the door. "I'm just tired and I'm just hallucinating. As soon as I wake up, you'll be gone"

"You wish" He smiled a little. "I'll be here. Probably going through your underwear draw" I frowned and closed my eyes, shaking my head. He was just an hallucination. The more I ignored him the more chance he would go away. So for now? I just had to fall asleep.