A part of me wished, not for the first time, that it had been me taking that potion and feeling those things first hand. Then that way she would have still been alive, and would have already dealt with Caleb and all the trouble he’d been causing, and that Nick and Lucy would still have both of their parents with them alive.

But I knew that my mother would have never done that to any of her children, and that I had inherited my selflessness and sense of responsibility from her and therefore no matter how much I wished for a different outcome, she would have taken the option of taking that potion rather than have hundreds of people killed even if she were alive now.

It’s just the way we were.

“We’re close, Angel. We’ll find your grandmother, and then we’ll get answers, because there has a got to be a reason that you are having these dreams.” He said quietly, but there was desperation in his voice.

Knowing Derek, he mostly wanted my anguish at witnessing my mother’s past to end, and getting other answers probably weren’t as important until that one was answered as it would be the only way I would stop having them.

And though a part of me did hate it, I had to admit that I sort of enjoyed them, even if they did cause me unbearable pain from the thought that she wasn’t around now. But it was the only way I was getting answers on what she was really like, and it was the only way I remained close to her.

As far as getting answers about the dreams, I already knew how I would be able to make them stop.

And it’s taken me a year and a half trying to find him.

I kissed his chest before reluctantly getting out of his embrace and sitting up. “What time is it?”

He sat up as well and kissed me on the forehead before he got out of bed. “About half six.”

I rubbed my eyes in aggravation before following suit. “I’m gonna go order breakfast and wake up the guys.”

Derek chuckled as he pulled on a shirt. “From the pacing going on in the kitchen, Nate’s already up, so you can ask him for back-up when Tom tries to bitch slap you.”

I rolled my eyes as I chucked on a pair of denim shorts and put on a black Guns n Roses t-shirt, “I can handle it, and you know Craig won’t let him do anything to me.”

Just as I was about to go out the room, Derek grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him, his lips instantly making contact with mine.

I pouted slightly when he pulled away and he laughed.

“I’ll order breakfast. You’ll be in too much pain from Tom’s attack to do it.” He said with a smirk as he stepped away and went out of the room first making me huff in playful annoyance.

I stepped out of the room and went straight into the neighbouring room without knocking.

“Tom! Craig! Wakie Wakie!” I screamed as I pounced onto the bed, but landed on top of Craig as I knew that if I was in his vicinity he would be able to protect me.

Craig mumbled unintelligibly as he pulled me towards him and held me as he fell back asleep.

Tom was another story.

He shot up and growled as he saw that there was barely any light outside. “What time is it?!”

I laughed sheepishly as I snuggled further into Craig’s chest, using him to shield me away from his wrath. “Half six?”

Just as he pounced Craig’s eyes instantly opened and he rolled so I was under him, and Tom landed on Craig’s back.

“Stop hiding behind my mate, and take it like a man!” Tom screamed in a high pitched voice as he tried to grab me.