Chapter 2

Picture by jesusgirl27 ------------------>>>>>

*LISA THOMPSON*

I went to my locker to get some stuff. A small piece of paper caught my attention. It says ‘Meet me at the library.’ It says. I thought that was some kind of mistake that they put it in my locker when I saw who it was from. ‘DYLAN’. I hesitated for a moment. Is it really for me? I shrugged. Nah..maybe it was just a mistake.

Another day in school and it’s always been this way. I am not really sociable since I was home schooled ever since. This is the first time that I actually been in a real school.

I don’t know why but maybe people don’t like me that much. They always order me around, they don’t even say sorry when they bumped into me. Maybe there’s just something wrong with me.

Another day passed by and it’s time to get myself into class again. My biology is next to my math. I hurried my way to my room, I don’t want to be in detention again. I was about to turn to a corner someone grabbed me from behind. It made me startle but I relaxed when I saw it was just Dylan. At first I thought he was mean but he’s actually a nice guy.

“I-is there something wrong?” I asked.

“Yes. You!” He said. He looked like he was mad at me or something.

“What did I do?”

“Did you get my message?”

“Message?” I asked.

He rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. “The massage in your locker?”

I grimaced as I recall yesterday. “Oh… the meet me at the library note?”

“Yes…why didn’t you show up?” he asked.

“It was for me?” I asked unbelievingly. There is no way that was for me.

“Duh? Yeah it was for you…then why would I put it in your locker?” He hissed.

“I thought you got it on the wrong locker.”

“So that’s why you put it on someone else’s?” He said.

“I thought it was for Beth since nobody would really want to meet up with me.” I said.

Dylan hissed again. “Why are like that? Geez, can you please give some dignity or something in yourself?”

“I’m sorry.”

“And stop saying sorry…how many times do I have to say that?” He said. I admit that saying sorry is a bad habit but I can’t help it.

“Then why are mad at me?”

He looked surprised by my question. “I’m not…you’re just…making me crazy.” He muttered.

“What?”

“Fine…I don’t want to be late so I’m going straight to the point…” he said. “Be my girlfriend.”

I felt my heart skipped a beat. Did I hear it right? “Wh-what?”

He inhaled. “I said…will you be my girlfriend?” he clarified.

“W-why?”

Dylan grimaced. “What?? Oh the reason?” I nodded. He ran a hand to his hair again. “Well… I like you.” He said casually.