Chapter Eleven

A/N - Before this chapter starts, I would like to say I have nothing against boys.

When school had started back up, Louis wasn't ready to already go back to school. It was nice being able to wake up at any time he wanted to get up, and to be able to go to bed at midnight without any problems. He also didn't have to wear some stupid outfit that a stupid person on the school board decided to pick out. He could wear something that actually was warm enough in the cold weather outside. So when Louis walked out of his house and into the cold, winter air, he wished he could throw on his nice jumper that his mum got him from a thrift store a couple of days ago. The school jumper he was forced to wear was itchy and left a weird red splotch on his lower back if he didn't wear an undershirt.

The drive from home to school felt sluggish, and not just because of the dull, muggy weather. Ever since New Years, Louis had been feeling like crap. Every time he woke up in the morning, he just wanted to go back to bed, and he usually did fall right back to sleep. He rarely left his room, only leaving just to go to the bathroom or to grab something to eat. Everyone was worried about him, even his sisters, who rarely ever felt worried about the family. It wasn't only affecting Louis, the recent heart-break, but it was also affecting everyone else. It just made Louis feel worse.

The thought of going to school was almost terrifying, because Louis was already having the worst day of his life. The worst week of his life. He knew that the fact that he had a crush on Harry wasn't going to be nice in the first place, but it was a lot tougher than he thought it would be. He couldn't take all of this bullshit anymore. And adding fire to fire wasn't going to help his situation. School just wasn't a good equation right now.

Louis walked into the school, his itchy jumper becoming a little bit too hot from the sudden rush of heat, and went straight to his locker, hoping that he could just have a moment to collect himself. He felt like the world was crashing down around him. He had a couple of days to get over the New Years party incident, but he still wanted one more day to get over what had happened. But his mother refused him another day of peace.

"You have to go to school, Louis. I know you're hurting over whatever happened at that party, but your education is still a lot more important. You don't want to end up missing too much school over something silly, love. And trust me, whatever you're worked up and upset about is silly. You're in high school. Whatever happens between you and someone else won't matter," his mother had told him when Louis had begged to just stay in bed. "Anyways, you need some sunlight. You're looking pale and sickly."

Louis rolled his eyes at the thought of his mother, pushing some books from his bag back into his locker, making them clonk against the sides. As he was pulling out the couple of books that he needed, someone came up behind him, and just stood there. Louis felt the presence and slowly looked over his shoulder, raising his eyebrows when he saw Savannah on her knees.

"Um. H-hi?" Louis offered, looking down at Savannah, who looked like a munchkin at this height.

"Before you get any sick or dirty thoughts in your head, I'm down here because I dropped the back of my earring. And I'm going to beg and plead that you come and eat lunch with us still. And that you don't kill me for telling Zayn and Niall that you have a crush on a certain someone," Savannah had rushed out, making Louis' head spin. But it wasn't fast enough that he didn't catch the last part of it. Louis' eyes widened and his jaw hit the floor in complete shock.

"Are y-you st-stupid?! A-are you m-mad?!" Louis exclaimed, dropping down to his knees as well, so he could at least be at eye level with Savannah. She had looked down at the floor, though, making eye contact impossible. "S-Savannah! Th-that was p-personal! Th-they are b-best f-friends w-with H-Harry! Th-they'll t-tell!" Savannah continued to look down at the floor completely ashamed in herself.