the simple things - lyon vastia x reader

the simple things — lyon vastia x reader

summaries:

 bangs seem to be the bane of your existence at the worst of times yet you kept them. but here, here would be the final stand and today will be their dea - wait what, was that your boyfri -  

✂️ "Eru þeir ljót?" ✂️

Having bangs was such a pain in the ass. Not only could you not really do anything with them, the individual hair strands would somehow be able to slip into your eyes. Now that, was torture. Absolute torture. You frowned, one hand holding back the bangs, while the other had an utterly useless comb.

Oh god, what were you going to do?! Everything had been so meticulously planned out and should've gone off without a hitch. The date, the clothes, the everything! Everything had been planned! You clamped your mouth shut as a strange screaming noise erupted from your throat.

You dropped the comb onto your vanity and your shoulders drooped as you watched the bangs fall back onto your face. Ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly. What were you going to do?! You only a few more minutes before you had to leave or afford being rather late with meeting up with him.

Glaring down at the bobby pins, you silently cursed at them as they had failed to do their life job. Usually they worked fine, but today, today just had to suck. A glint of light struck your eyes and that's when you saw the solution.

Scissors.

Glorious scissors were going to save you! A hopeful smile stretched on your face, you picked up the scissors and held them up to your forehead. You were finally going to banish those annoying things and save yourself from a world of failure and ugliness.

Bliss, blissful times you were go -

You jumped, scissors slipping from your fingers.  Thankfully, they landed onto the vanity and not straight into your legs. Head whipping around, your eyes widened as you read what was on the window.

You shouldn't cut your bangs. You look gorgeous just as you are.

A small smile appeared, ripping through the mask of shock. That guy . . . He always knew exactly how to cheer you up, didn't he? Your eyes peeked at the clock and nearly yelped. They were going to be an hour late if they didn't leave now!

Applying the last of your makeup, and snatching a sweater from off of the coat rack, you raced out the door grinning. The three flights of stairs seemed to take only seconds as you glided down them, before the last flight, you jumped, seeing your ideal landing pad.

"[Na] - "

You smacked into him, and judging by the fact that he was now trying to breath, knocked the air out o him as well. Score one for you!

"[Name]!" Lyon grumbled, finally, somehow, gaining back the oxygen that he lost.

Tilting your head to the side innocently, you could only give him a smile. "What?"

"Get off of me . . . please?"

"Nope."

A moment of silence. Score two for you! Damn, you were on a roll today.

That's when his pained expression flipped onto it's side, appearing with a lazy smirk. You narrowed your eyes. "What are you thinking about doing?"

He hummed, smirk getting bigger.

You pouted, uncomfortable with his staring. Nibbling on your lips, you counted to three before whining, "What is it?"

Lyon leaned forward, his face less than an inch away from yours. "You look beautiful."

"E-Eh?!"

You flushed, warmth spreading out through your body. Throughout your whole entire relationship, which had only lasted for about a month now, he had never once let those words fully slip from his mouth. There had been syllables, syllables of words close to that, but he had always clammed up, refusing to continue those compliments. After all, he did get easily embarrassed.

But things . . . things had been stiff. Things had been horribly stiff. That's why you had set up this date. This was supposed to ease the tensions, to ease down the wall that had been lifted between you and him. And here your hero was, smashing through the wall all too easily. All too easily with too simple of things.

" . . . too beautiful . . . not to be kissed."

Sputtering, you tried to figure out what was exactly going on but all was frozen by the time something warm met her lips.

Holy shit.

✂️ "Nei." ✂️

[ *le gasp* guess who's cleaning up their account. aha. idk why i kept this one to be honest, but i guess simply, because it's the first 'canon character' x reader i've ever written? the plot is stupid as hell, is there even a plot who knows, haha. ]

- Rico