Chapter 18

***Chris’s POV

I look over at Liz angel and can’t help the smug smile that slides across my face while I listen to her quietly singing a song. I think I have heard it on the radio but I’m more focused on the lyrics coming from her sexy smiling lips.

Is she really singing a love song right now? She looks happier than I have seen her since her mom died. I would like to claim that I had something to do with that but contrary to popular belief I’m not that conceded. Well maybe with everyone else but not with Liz angel.

I stand there watching her while she finishes stirring the sauce and humming that song. I’m pretty sure that I will never forget this song as long as I live. She glances over at me and catches me leaning against the counter staring at her. I shoot her a big grin causing her to smile widely at me before continuing to sing.

She picks up her sauce pan off the hot burner and sets it on a cool burner before turning to me and walking over to me. The closer she gets the bigger my smile gets. I cannot get enough of this girl. I cannot believe that she has finally given me a chance after all these years. I’m broken out of my thoughts when she heads towards the cabinet instead of me.

‘That was not very nice Liz.’ I say shooting her a fake glare.

‘You’ll get over it.’ she says shooting me a saucy wink over her shoulder.

She grabs a big bowl and using her hip pushes me out of the way so she can get to the noodles in the sink. She pours the noodles into the bowl before sitting it on the counter and headed towards the stove to get the sauce pan. She adds the sauce on top of the noodles before sitting the sauce pan in the sink and filling it with water.

‘Are you done; can we eat yet?’ I ask as I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist making her shake her head and let out a small laugh.

‘You’re such a brat. You just want to try my spaghetti and lasagna after you watched me cook it all.’ She says smugly while turning around in my arms.

She wraps hands around my neck and gets onto her tip toes so she can peck me on the lips. When she tries to pull away I bring up my left hand and grab onto the back of her neck so she can’t pull away. I bite down gently onto her bottom lip making her gasp. I slip my tongue inside her mouth and hold back my moan at her taste.

After a few moments I allow her to pull away so we can both catch our breath. I put my forehead against hers and stare into her eyes. I grin cockily at her only to get an eye roll and elbowed in the stomach. I chuckle at her after I catch my breath. We turn around to see everyone in the room staring at us.

‘What?’ We ask at the same time making me chuckle, which I narrowly miss.

‘Nothing, ya’ll just ask like ya’ll have been together forever instead of just a few hours or days. It’s kind of weird but really adorable.’ Nicole says making everyone else nod.

Liz looks up at me with a shy smile on her face making me chuckle before giving her a light kiss on the nose. I pull back and head towards the food pulling her by the hand. I grab a plate and put some lasagna and spaghetti on it before looking around for a spare chair to sit in.

Since there is only one left I plop down onto it and start eating since we have wasted a part of lunch just watching her cook. I can’t really say waste since no time is EVER wasted watching my Liz angel. She’s just so beautiful, kind, funny, sweet, caring. There are so many reasons why I am falling for her that I could go on all day.

I’m dragged out of my thoughts when I see Liz angel leaning up against the counter eating and watching everyone with a beautiful smile playing on her delicious lips. I stand up out of my chair and when I reach Liz angel I grab her plate in one hand and grab her arm with my other hand. I drag her adorable spluttering self over to my chair and once I’ve set her plate on the table I sit down while dragging her onto my lap.

‘Chris, what are you doing?’ She hisses in my ear as she tries to stand up. I quickly snap my hands out and grab onto her hips pulling her firmly back into my lap.

‘Liz angel, after all the cooking you have done there is no way in hell that you are going to stand up and eat. You can either sit in my lap or I can stand up and you can have the chair.’ I say trying to hide the smug tone out of my voice.

I know my Liz angel too well. There is no way she would be happy with someone else standing up while she sat down; she’s just too sweet and generous. I wrap one arm around her waist and use my other hand to eat while smiling triumphantly the entire time.

‘You are looking too victorious; too smug for my liking.’ Liz mutters grumpily.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ I say innocently shrugging and taking another bite. I almost choke when a lot of loud laughing almost burst my damn ear drums. ‘OW, what the hell guys; what are you guys laughing at?’ I holler over the laughing.

‘Oh babe.’ Liz says wiping the tears that were pouring out of her eyes from laughing too hard. I feel my heart race when I hear her call me babe. Damn the things this girl does to me. ‘You are so cute with your innocent face. I’m pretty sure you haven’t been innocent your entire life; not even the day you were born honey.’ She says shaking her head and taking deep breaths to calm down.

‘Is that really why ya’ll are all laughing at me? Seriously?’ I ask looking around at everyone else wiping their eyes and still chuckling lightly.

‘I’m sorry but I have to agree with Liz over here. That innocent look on your face was the funniest thing I have even seen in my life.’ Erik says shaking his head at me.

‘What the hell?’ I ask as I throw my hands up in the air in mock frustration. I can’t really call myself innocent; after all I know what I’ve done. Hehehe.

‘Oh calm down and finish eating; lunch is almost over.’ Liz says laughing lightly.

We all dig in when her words sink in and quickly clean our dishes when we were done eating. I’m happy to say that just because we were at school doesn’t mean Liz angel got to clean one single dish. Even her friends agreed that since she cooked she shouldn’t have to clean up at all.

The rest of the day was completely uneventful and I was antsy to see what was going to happen after school. The guys and I had football practice but we have to help her with her chores. I don’t want her working too hard after all the shit that happened this weekend. I can’t believe she’s acting as fine as she is.

‘What the hell are we gonna do?’ I ask running my hands through my hair in frustration.

‘There’s nothing we can do; she’s too damn stubborn.’ Erik scowls at the floor.

‘Ya’ll are stupid.’ Big Vince says making us snap our head up to him and glare.

‘Why would you say that?’ Erik and I ask at the same time.

‘Just ask Matt, Mike and Derek to help her out the next few days. They are all either out of school or not in football. Erik you could text Nicole and see if she could tell her cousin Chase to go help out for at least today. I’m sure none of them would mind at all.’ Big Vince says shrugging at us.

‘That’s an awesome idea. Thanks Big Vince!’ I whip out my pohone and send a mass text to Matt, Mike and Derek; whose number I got earlier in the parking lot after Liz angel ran off.

‘I’m not stupid you know.’ Big Vince says shaking his head and leaning back in his chair.

As soon as the bell rings I get out and quickly run out the door so I can meet Liz real quick before I go out to practice. After a few minutes I can’t find her and the halls are clearing out. Shit I really need to find her and I will get my ass chewed out if I am late to practice. I head out towards her truck only to start sprinting when I see the massive crowd surrounding a very pissed off Liz and a livid Emily. Stupid bitch.

*****

hmmm i wonder what is going on now.....ponder ponder ponder. lmfao ok well please vote comment and fan. it really means ALOT to me!!!! i love you guys :) Also, a BIG thanks to all my fans! you guys rock my socks.

Dedicated to an amazing author i just stumbled upon today. Oh. Em. Gee. you are stellar and i love you sooooo much! if you haven't heard of them PLEASE check them out!