Agatha's Guide to Character Writing

• Dedicated to To hajj98 and KingBritain who both inspired me to write this

Introduction:

It has come to my attention that characters are severely flawed, and what I mean isn’t they have noticeable flaws that add to character. I find many of the characters on here to be too perfect, or too stereotypical or something a rather. We are all individuals, doesn’t mean our characters can’t be. So I decided to write a guide, a guide to character writing. A bit like ‘Stephen King: On Writing’, without the prestige or large contract or money or anything. I digress. Anyway, this guide shall be split into several categories, females, males, relationships, general etc. I plan to include guest opinions on the subject and a ‘Dear Agatha’ section that including critiques about specific characters in your stories. Before you ask why I think I am qualified on speaking on characters, character development is one of my strong points, actually it’s my only strong point. My characters usually have all their actions, reactions, personality traits, interactions and relationships scrutinised to death by me. On my desk I have my character book, and my bank of names, of which I combine names and personal assessments of each one of my characters.

No I am not trying to impress you, or make you feel inadequate about your characters, I am here merely to share my observations and give hints and tips that may help you with your characters.

I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Sincerely Agatha