Chapter 1

Hey guys. Here is the first real chapter since i dont have anything else to do haha.

When i woke up, i was in a hell lot of pain. I groaned and got up, grabbing my painkillers and taking the recomended dosage.

"Hey, Sammy. How are you doing, kid?" Micah asked, coming from my bathroom with a white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I smiled slightly.

"I'm in pain, but whats to be expected eh?" I forced a slight chuckle and gathered up a pair of faded black skinny jeans and a wife-beater with my black and blue checkered jacket before going into the bathroom and just getting dressed, deciding to save my shower for later. When I got out, Micah was picking things up and pushing the guest bed back.

"Call me if you need anything, kiddo." He smiled and kissed the top of my head before sneaking out of the window. I was on the first floor, thankfully. I picked up my backpack and left the house, my father thankfully passed out on the couch. After locking the house, i turned around and walked down the sidewalk since i didnt have a car yet. I wasn't paying attention and i let out an "umph" when i ran into a solid wall of flesh.

"Oh I'm so- Samuel?" A strangely familiar voice spoke and I looked up into the blue eyes of Mr. Leonhart.

"Mr. Leonhart!" I blinked a few times, surprised that he was here.

"Please, call me Alex outside of school. Mr. Leonhart makes me sound so old!" He exclaimed and chuckled. I smiled a little.

"Alright. But what are you doing here?" I asked, curiosity getting to me.

"Oh, I moved in two houses down." He stated, pointing to a light green house. I nodded.

"Well, I should probably get to school. Classes start earlier on fridays." I mumbled and started walking. I gasped when he grabbed my arm, hitting a few of the bruises that I had. It almost made me cry.

"Oh no you don't. I'll give you a ride, ok?" He let go of my arm and climbed into a black viper, waiting for me. I sighed and got in the passenger side. When we got to the school, I thanked him and got out, running to my first class. I entered just as the bell rang and I took my seat, next to a kid named something like Mike or Mark or whatever.

"Hey, Samuel. Are you ok? You look pained..." He whispered. I nodded my head.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." I answered and wrote down todays notes. He nodded and left me alone after that. Finally, the bell rang and I got up, heading out the door. I ran to my locker and got my books for the next class and I tried to get to my next class before the hallways were to crowded. I got to my math class and sat down just as the rush came in. I hissed in pain as i caught my lower back on the chair. Someone noticed.

"Are you alright?" A boy with multi colored hair and soft hazel eyes asked, sitting next to me. I nodded, finally getting the pain to stop.

"Im good." I yawned and started doing todays homework.

"Alright..." He mumbled, a little doubtfully before doing the same. Math was a drag and so was lunch and all my other classes. Finally, I got to English and took my usual spot. I saw the captain of the football team walk in and he walked towards me. Uh oh.

"Whats up, Sammi?" He sneered, slamming his hands down on the tabletop. I flinched inwardly. Oh god, not now. Please not now. I begged in my head, desprate. To late. He pushed me out of my chair and I landed painfully on the desk next to me just as the teacher walked in and I let out a loud cry of pain, the tears coming now.

"Samuel?" Mr. Leonhart asked, rushing over to me. He helped me up. "Come on, I'll help you to the nurse. Mr. Marose, you go to the office right now." He said in a commanding voice. The kid nodded and left without a word. Mr. Leonhart helped me down to the nurses office and stayed in the room with me. I got curious at that.

"Alexander, will you please leave?" The nurse asked impatiently.

"He got hurt under my watch, i gotta make sure he's ok." He stated simply. She sighed and nodded.

"Alright sweety, take off your jacket and your shirt please." She said boredly. I gulped and shook my head.

"I can't." I said, trying to think of an excuse.

"And why not?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I sighed in defeat and pulled my jacket and wife-beater off, looking down at the ace bandage that was tightly wrapped around my bruised torso, the same bruises running down my arms and back. The nurse gasped loudly.

"Samuel..." I barely heard it but Mr. Leonhart's voice sounded pained.

"What happened to you?" The nurse asked, panicked.

"Nothing. Please, don't worry about it ma'am." I said quickly. She sighed and shook her head.

"Child abuse. I have to report it, Samuel." She said sternly. I shook my head.

"Please, don't! Im taking it for my mother. She'll end up hospitolized or worse!" I cried out. The nurse shook her head.

"Your dad will get put in jail, sweeteart." She said kindly. I still shook my head.

"No. He'll get out and go after my mother." I said coldly. The nurse sighed and gave up.

"Fine. But if it ever, ever gets to bad please let me know!" She said and I nodded.

"Will do ma'am." I mumbled and put my shirt and jacket back on. I turned to see Mr. Leonhart looking stonefaced just as the bell rang for school to end.

"Samuel, come with me." He said and I followed him to his car. He put his hands on both sides of me, staring into my eyes intently.

"A-alex?" I asked, confused.

"Dammit, Samuel. Why would you dare put up with his crap?" He snapped, looking angry. I flinched backwards.

"I don't want my mom hurt, Mr. Leonhart." I snapped back. He sighed and looked back into my eyes. Before I knew it, his lips were brushing against mine gently. I froze completely at the shock that went through me. I got my senses back and pushed him away.

"Samuel, I'm so sorry!" He said and got in his car, driving off. I sat there, completely stunned. What the hell was that? I grumbled and started walking home. I had alot of thinking to do.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I dont know how well this chapter went since I'm confused and just about ready to scream my head off haha.