25 - win-win situation

Well, that's for me to know and you to find out." Justin smirked.

"You know what, Fi? Your hubby is really annoying the hell out of me." Em was irritated now.

"What's gotten into your pants? I was just building suspense."

"Well, you are terrible at it, then." James sounds bored.

Fiona was yawning now.

"Okay-okay, I am telling you. So, from now on, you'll be working for me." He clapped his hand.

"Excuse me." Both the girls said it in unison.

"Dude, you are not making sense to them." James butts in.

"My dear wife and her scary BFF. From tomorrow, I will be working with Fi and you in your workplace. Instead of dad, I will be your boss."

"What!!" The girls said in unison.

"Yes, Fi. We will work in the same office."

"How is that supposed to be good news for me? Fi is the one who is in a win-win situation." Em stated.

"When did I say the news was over?" He smirked again.

"What do you mean?" Fi spoke.

"Well, Fi, because of your hard work and your mind-blowing presentation, we signed a deal with one of the most successful companies. So dad decided to give you a promotion." He said it with a big smile on his face.

"Oh my god." Em squealed. "That's splendid news. You totally deserve it. I am so happy for you."

Em jumped from her seat and hugged Fi.

"Congo Fi. I saw the presentation firsthand, and it was mind-blowing. You did an excellent job." James said.

"Thanks, guys." She said with a shy smile. But Justin noticed that there was something that was occupying Fi's mind. So he made a mental note to ask her later.

"Ahem, Ahem." She states.

"There is more to it." He stated.

"Now what?" Em asked him in an exasperated tone.

"Don't you like surprises?" James asked her curiously.

"I do. But the person sitting in front of me is disclosing the news slowly."

"As you guys know, because of the deal, the company has earned a major profit. But along with the presentation, financial strategies have also played a major role. Em, the strategies planned by you have also brought in a huge profit for the company. So, from now on, you will be assisting our finance manager. That means even you are promoted."

"That's brilliant news, Em." Fi hugged her.

But this time, she was genuinely happy, which was missing when he told her she was promoted.

"Wow, well, I don't know how to respond." Em looked surprised.

"Then don't." James smiled innocently.

"Shut up." Em glared at him.

"Wait a minute; did you just say assist the company's finance manager?" James asked.

"Are you deaf? Assisting a financial expert is a great opportunity for me. And the experts in our company are really hot." Em is in her own dreamland now.

"Umm, Em, the expert at the company you are working for has been switched to the branch I used to work in until now," Justin stated.

With that, Fi started laughing.

"Sorry, but Em had a huge thing on him." Fi was chuckling

"Shut up, Fiona. If it's not him, then who? Please say he is hot and cool and not a grumpy old man." Em prayed.

"Well, he is definitely hot and sexy as hell. One of the best guy's in-universe. And far from a grumpy old man." James smirked.

"Who?" Em asked expectantly.

"And that would be me." James said proudly.

"Oh, no. Please, God. Bury me alive." Em said dramatically.

"Ha-ha, Miley. We will see each other more often. Like Justin, I have been transferred to your workplace." He said with a smirk.

"My bad luck."

"It's your good luck."

In the middle of the whole conversion, Fi looked awfully quiet and distracted.

"I should get going. It's getting late." Em broke into his thoughts.

"Me too. But guys, we should celebrate this news." James agreed.

"I agree with him. It's party time. Tomorrow, what say?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, it's a great idea." Justin agreed with her. It's time for a celebration.

*after an hour*

Fiona was sitting on the edge of the bed, deep in thought.

"What's wrong?" Justin took her completely off guard.

"What?" She asked, looking baffled.

"I asked you what's wrong. Are you not happy?"

"Of course, I am happy it's a great opportunity for me, irrespective of the fact that James and Em are going to have lots of arguments."

"But what about your achievement?" He asked her curiously.

"I am happy." She smiled at him, but he could see that it was forced.

She got up and was going to leave, but Justin grabbed her wrist and made her sit down beside him. "You are a terrible liar."

"I am not lying."

"I know that, but something is eating you up. Fi, our relationship is making great progress. You can say anything to me, seriously."

.....

"Fi, look at me. Speak to me."

"It's just I don't ruin things between us. What if you just got bored with me? Come on, Justin, we will be with each other almost 24/7. Work and then home. You will tend to get bored with me. And are you sure the promotion that I got was for my work up to now and not because of our marital status?"

"Are you kidding me? I am looking forward to it. We will work together. You will be by my side every time. I don't have to worry about other employees hitting on you. And remember, I will never get tired of you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. And yes, you got your promotion for your hard work."

"You sure?" She whispered.

"Yes,"

Fiona hugged him. This time, he could see the genuine smile on her face. She doesn't know it, but her eyes twinkle when she is genuinely happy.

"You know from tomorrow you can't argue with me about me driving you to the office."

"I am going to miss arguing with you about that." She pouted adorably.

"And from tomorrow, I will be your boss." He said this with a bit of arrogance.

"Aye aye, captain. Your wish is my command." She said as she saluted him.

"So my wish is to do this now." He kissed her passionately, and she responded with the same passion.

"You know this is going to be my frequent wish."

"I guess so, and I am not complaining about it."

"Good,"

This news has been a win-win situation for everyone. Justin was really excited about tomorrow. He and Fiona will be able to spend a lot of time together. And Em has been promoted, which is a significant achievement for her career as well, and if one talks about James, then he thinks that things are going to go better for him also, with Em in his life.

Justin doesn't think James realizes this now, but Em is bringing pleasant changes in him.

As of now, it's time for a celebration.