Obliternation™-Ch.2-The Serenade~

Obliteration™-

Chapter 2: The Serenade

Roax awakes disoriented on some dirt-filled floor. Noting that the lights are all busted in the room. Aside from one that sways from a breeze coming from somewhere. She squints  gathering herself and her senses. Her perception slowly coming to her in a headache rush. Then she see’s him and remembers with his quick grin. Baz..

She spits in his face, it lands near his rose colored pink lips gleaming. He just licks it off and laughs clearly pleased about her righteous spirit.

“You think, I’m scum, the filth at the bottom of the earth, the lowlife. But that’s all thanks to her, Roax. I was just the dead-end of the rose the decaying rot."

He walks around her stroking her face softly gently. His boots squeaking on the floor. Whispering in a hushed voice. She finches at the touch but it doesn’t falter his opinion of her. She’s a warrior. 

“Your either with me darling, or killed this is your final choice dearest.” He smugly says roughly grabbing her face to take in her whole and bringing his point at face value.

“You were brainwashed trained yes, you look like one of hers. But,” 

He wiggles his bejeweled fingers the rubies glinting in the light a crimson red brightening the shady area.

“But I’m not scum no, dear heart. I’m the wake up revolution, a rebel among ignorance. You will be with me.” 

She listens to his demands and almost scoffs at the whole thing his idiotic notions  are definitely entertaining but hardly convincing.

“And what if I say no..?” She quietly utters.

Baz claps to himself ending the very one-sided conversation. Making Roax get up with a rough kick to the gut. He hates himself for being too kind really. He forces her to look at him with her cold hateful almost daring expression.He grabs her slender neck and clasps a metal necklace on it. Clicking it into place as the numbers glitter alive ticking slowly.He furrows thinking she looks lovely with the little accessory.

“Hmm I like you, you have the end of the day to decide be with me and my band. Or let this little device chock you to death.” He almost laughs to himself walking away with a peace sign.

“If you resist, but of course you will. It will active and break your neck chocking  you before the donation time. It will be, and this is my guarantee slow and painful.”

He vanishes into a dusty fog engulfing himself in the mist. Singing along to the song that was playing before.

Just remember me, your salvation, your hero.”  

Roax gets knocked out once again by a blunt object and before she knows it she once again awakes at a different place feeling the heavy weight of the necklace placed on her. The pressure of it already hurting and straining her. Its cold metal hardly a comfort gripping tightly around her slender neck. 

The room thumps with shouting coming from a distance place but close enough to be heard. Almost like a riot but more like cheering rhythmically. Roax realizes  she’s in someones dressing room. There’s the heavy scented perfume of roses and outfits packed into a corner. While a cracked mirror stands to another corner. Then she see’s her. The singer and her sister.

Applying a thick layer of kohl-smeared eyeliner. Her hair choppy and fringed. Wearing anything but concealing clothes with a tattered t-shirt, torn black skinny jeans and a pair of jackboots with kid-gloves. This girl’s a performer but she looks homeless. Her sister stares at her with a hard gaze scowling.

“Your nothing, pathetic a plaything. He’s using you.” I utter slicing the air with my bitter words. She wasn’t a prisoner, like I. She wasn’t my blood going against me.I lean on the stone wall the necklace clanking.

“Eh, what a warm welcome from my family. Finding you on the outskirts laying there a damned bloodied mess. But I just had to see you to believe you were real and alive.” She spins around clapping gleefully smirking with her red rudy lips. Starring at her reflection she’s smug. Strutting around in her skimpy outfit.

“Your like the rest of them. His ownership possession. You make me sick.”

She scoffs turning around suddenly snapping the lipstick. She rams the necklace roughly around my neck. But I’m fearless withstanding the pain. She laughs in my face trying to choke me. We are in a stand off glaring at each other.

“I am my own!” She screams furiously with confidence.

“But you aren’t” I whisper giving a whimsical devil-may care smile.

“No your nothing, but a marionette tugging around from the puppeteer master.”

“It is you that is nothing!” She shouts breathless. She collects herself walking away from me.

“Well at least I am not in a dog collar forced to bend to my knee’s like a dog.” She mutters softly.

“No your chains they’re more elaborate then mine, with a fancy design for a disguise. For the world needs beauty to masquerade the ugly. But your a fool in pretend and too stupid to notice.” I say tiredly with a wistful smile heavily breathing.

“You and Baz, no one defines me and that’s final.”  She storms out tripping on shedding tears masked with a cheerful beaming grin.

“You’ve changed my little darling, now your a shadow cloaked away.” I mutter to myself.

Roax cringes feeling the heartache and longing of missing a loved one. She didn’t and couldn’t understand the transformation. She instantly bolts only hearing the echo reverberate off the concert walls and halls. Her foot falls heavy and listening to the angelic voice cooing.

“Sweet dreams are made, asleep in fantasies.” Roax glares at her observing her. 

That thing up there prancing around wasn’t her family. No, that was possession consuming whole of the person she formally knew.

“The wagers off.” She silently whispers to herself, knowing full well he was watching her.She rips the necklace off with ease. Shooting the first guard to notice her. It was but a flinch of light mistaken for thunder in the sudden downpour.

Roax is no ones but her own. But she wanted something, revenge. That was for the sweet satisfaction. She ran into the storm head on purging herself from the filth on her uniform. She bounced off the walls jumping to the highest place of a crumbling tower. Peering down she grinned laughingly excited with adrenaline pumping through her. The night air an ominous sign of what was to come. The water pelted her but it didn’t matter.

She watched on as one of the screens plastered across the so-called deserted area beamed with life. Her sister was shown belting out melodies and heartfelt songs. Her voice a beckoning for the hopeless travelers and veteran fighters. She was but an attraction, seductive to the circus. She represented a promise farce with her appearance and voice. A presence needed to be noticed with delicate attention.

-The End- Of Chapter 2.

Author’s Notes: Once again thanks to anyone that came back for this story. I hope to see you all in part 3 bye!