Fourth Wall

"They want to make our story into a movie." Alice sat down at the kitchen table, oblivious to the fact that her elbow was in spilled baby food.

"That again?" Mal asked from where he was trying to feed the fussy Adri some mushy goo she seemed unimpressed by. Nathaniel was in his booster seat, watching his father and little sister with open amusement on his four year old face.

"This one actually sounds good." Ace sounded surprised.

"They're just going to romantacize what happened in our relationship." Mal pointed out, looking at his wife.

Ace grinned at him. "I hate to break it to you Reaper, but our relationship IS a f***ing romance novel."

And because Nathaniel was at that age where he repeated everything he thought sounded fun, the four year old promptly shouted out, "F***ing."

"Oh dear." Ace shighed and Malcolm laughed.

"Swear jar, both of you." He pointed at a gallon jar that was already half way full. Alice got to her feet and dropped a loonie in for herself and her son.

"That's bad language Nate. You and mommy did a bad thing." Alice said to her son, putting on a sad face. Teaching morality to a four year old is all about discarding subtle.

"Bad mommy?" Nate asked, looking confused and both parents burst out laughing.

Adri picked this time to try and raspberry in happiness, but of course she had a mouth full of pureed apples at the same time. It wasn't pretty. "What do you say Corazon, think we should let them immortalize this?" Malcolm asked sarcastically.

Ace grinned at him, helping clean up the apple sauce volcanoe. "I think they'll probably end the movie right around when I told you I was pregnant that first time."

"Ah yes, prom." Mal grinned back at his wife and leaned forward to kiss her.

"Wonder if anyone has told them about West and Maddison's own romantic adventures?" Ace mused with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

Malcolm laughed. "Now that's cruel."

"What can I say, I'm just mean that way." Alice shrugged. "Besides, you know those two, any publicity is probably going to end up being good publicity. I've never seen two people get away with so much sh...crap." Alice caught the swear before it fully came out. Mal winked at her in silent congratulation.

"I have the distinct feeling we'll be able to afford a family vacation a lot sooner than anticipated if I don't get the knack of this cursing thing." Alice admitted ruefully.

"I could always by you a muzzle." Mal offered teasingly.

Alice stuck her tongue out at him. He leaned forward and bit it gently, the playfulness quickly turning into a passionate kiss. Until apple sauce got splattered across their faces. "Right... I'll take the cute one, you get the stinky one."

"Which one's the stinky one?" Mal laughed as they both lunged for their children.

____________________________________________________________________

This chapter waas entirely an act of celebration for the characters from Queen of Spades. I found out that QoS made it through to Round 2 of Watty awards in both Romance and Best Female Character. So MAlice fans, this one's for you. Thank you guys for making QoS get through. I never begged for votes so this is entirely on just how awesome you guys are. Thank you.