Chapter Nineteen

It was quiet as I waited for Keegan to speak. He looked emotionless at me like he was very deep in thought and it was making me antsy. I fidgeted still in my towel that was wrapped firmly over my chest and just barely came to my knees. A small shiver quaked through me and my body shook from the cold.

Keegan finally snapped out of his trance and rubbed his face with his hand, “Let’s talk somewhere else.” He mumbled. He turned me around and placed a hand on my lower back. We walked beside each other and I was getting all tingly from where his hand rest.  

We walked and walked until we finally made it to Keegan’s room. He opened the door and a burst of freezing air hit me and I let out a squeal, shivering violently. Keegan apologized and went in search of some clothes for me to wear. He handed them to me in record time and I stood there waiting for him to turn around.

I was not about to let him see me in my birthday suit. “Uh, can you turn around?” I asked. Keegan looked at me once and smiled to himself shaking his head. I gave him a scowl. I guess I’ll have to put them on the hard way. I looked around and noticed his closet door was nearby. I walked over to it with Keegan’s curious gaze following my every step.

I tugged open the closet door and wished I hadn’t. The temperature in the closet was colder than Keegan’s room itself. I let out a scream as the cold air beat against my body. “Why the heck is your house so cold?” I screeched. He laughed and I scowled.

“We keep it cold here because naturally our bodies heat it a lot more than a human’s body heat. We can easily over heat in our own house if we don’t keep the temperature low.” He stated and I instantly became jealous of his bodies heat. If becoming a werewolf would give me that heat, I would be happy my whole life, especially if I live here.

“Can you please just… turn around or leave the room for like five seconds. I’m freezing!” I said through clenched teeth. He laughed again a few seconds later, he disappeared out of sight. I sighed in relief and quickly put the clothes Keegan gave me on. They were really loose, so I made a mental note to tell Keegan to get some of my clothes from my house soon. I ran over to the bed and buried myself into the feathered blankets. I sighed in content as heat slowly made its way into my body.

I was crunched up in a ball on the bed. My knees were up to my chest and my left cheek was squished on the soft mattress. The blankets began to move at the end of the bed and a figure came into view. I couldn’t really see who it was because the blankets were thick and the light wasn’t going through the covers. My heart began to race, but I stayed still and kept my breathing even.

“What are you doing?” The voice whispered and I let out a small breath of relief. It was just Keegan. I snuggled a little more against the mattress and closed my eyes. Heat from Keegan’s body was radiating off him and it instantly made the covers warm, which made me warm.

“I am trying to keep warm.” I whispered back. He let a small chuckle escape his lips.

“So, tell me. What happened to sweet little Fay?” He asked with a grin. I scowled. I was beaten and bruised days ago. Now, I want my sweet revenge and be the bad one once again. I hate feeling useless.

“I was never really sweet if you haven’t noticed; I was bruised up and beaten days ago. I think it’s time for me to reclaim my bad girl title and stop letting everyone run over me like I’m a raccoon in the middle of the road.” I mumbled. I felt him shift closer to me and the warmth that came from him made me smile.

“I don’t think you’re a raccoon in the middle of a road.” He whispered in my ear and I mentally rolled my eyes. Of course, he would say that.

“Yeah, I know you don’t, but to everyone else I am. To be honest, I am sick of it. I want to show whose top dog around here.” I laughed mentally at my joke.