When Sparks Fly

When Sparks Fly

~seikiunne11

Coming out from two consecutive failed relationshits in a row made me feel utterly screwed up. I swore to myself I’d be staying at least a meter away from the opposite sex. I also promised myself never to talk, or initiate any conversation with the male kind. I also made a blood compact with my soul that I will never be attracted and will not, by heaven or hell, flirt even with my eyes.

Little did I know I’d be swallowing all the shit I’ve been saying. Woe is me.

I went out with my family: cousins, aunt, and uncle. They wanted to see an apartment unit offered by my mom’s officemate. So considering that I was simply with my kiddos, I dressed as casual as I could: my favorite red shirt, black shorts, and red Ked’s.

It was extremely hot and I was really sweaty and sticky in a few hours of walking. I didn’t mind much, we were all in the same situation. We all had the usual talk; being in my profession my primary concern is their academics. It was also my way of finding out issues on education, more of a personal socially relevant research for me. I had my own philosophies and beliefs in my profession, and definitely I don’t want my cousins or anyone I know to be victims of senseless people who claim they are educators.

Yes, I highly discriminate shitheads who claim they teach but what they give is plain bullshit and just flirt around with young kids. I know you get what I mean.

So then, rather than continue my rampage on that highly unrelated manner, let’s get back to today’s story.

I was beginning to get bored. It’s hard to be 26, you’re in the middle of being with adults and being with young people. Considering my quiet attitude, people can hardly make me talk much.

I was even doubtful to go out. I was in the middle of writing the night before and had around five hours sleep only. But I couldn’t let my mom go out alone; I’d only be worried sick if she stayed out late.

My only consolation was food. I mean, for a week of brain-excruciating forceful writing, I craved for pizza, pasta, and sweets. I totally rejoiced at eating lunch and dinner out. I was able to eat all I’ve craved for. They even noticed I got a bit thinner than how plump I used to be. Who wouldn’t lose weight at the immense brain torture I’m doing.

It’s hard to do a graduate thesis, there’s the possibility of dying in the process of writing.

So then evening came. They were meeting up with a few family friends I didn’t know. I didn’t bother to ask who, I didn’t care in any way. I was enjoying my rest day and all the food around me.

Little did I know it’d be the highlight of my week.

I knew the older guy, he was the friend of my uncle. With him was his wife who was barely a few years older than me. She was really pretty and had a very vibrant personality. In no time I was chatting with her as if we’ve been long time friends.

And then came in the younger brother.

I seemed to stop in my tracks to look at him. A look wasn’t enough, I openly stared at him. Not only his face, but directly into his eyes.

What the hell was I doing?

He had a really, really, really, damn good looking face. Well, for my tastes of course. It was his round brown eyes that had me staring at him stupidly.

What the heck?

I shook unwanted thoughts off. I didn’t even bother asking for his name, even when my uncle introduced me. I acted unperturbed, pretending that I wasn’t flustered at all at his prescence. I just said a very plain “Hi” and went back to what I was busy doing, staring into nothingness.