Chapter 2, in which Naomi faints

Naomi and Agent 1897 had just arrived on the planet Camleon. Naomi's eyes bulged out, completely unbelieving, staring at the alien landscape.

"WWhere are wwe?" Naomi whispered.

"Camleon." Agent 1879 muttered, smiling to himself.

"Ummm. Okkay...theenn," Naomi muttered. As she said this, her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fainted into the surprised Agent's arms. 

 ____________________________________________

Naomi woke up on a green patterned mat which lied upon rigid metal framework, an excuse of a bed. Looking around she noticed that she was located in a creamy blue room. Simply furnished with a commode(upon it a lamp), windows with beige shutters that were pulled closed, and a floral turquoise shaggy rug. Save, the bed, the room was delicately furnished. It seemed old, as if there were hundreds of memories trapped within its walls.

She stood up rashily and noticed a trashcan beside her feet.   All of a sudden, she felt an unpleasent tickle at the back of her throat. Mentally thanking herself that she had noticed the trash can, she leaned over and puked.

By her side, out of nowhere appeared Agent 1897, "Its alright. Time traveling does that to first-timers." He handed her a glass of what appeared to be a purple gelatinous substance.

She turned around to face her kidnapper and looked straight into his laughing grey eyes , "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Seeing as its a liquid, and you are human, I would advise you to swallow," the Agent suggested shrugging his shoulders, a mocking tone in his voice

"Haha. Thank you Mr. Sarcasm. You've seemed to forgotten that you've kidnapped me and dragged in the middle of god-knows-where and now, after all of the that you seem to be handing me a strange beverage. Swallow? What are the consequences going to be? How can I know that I won't end up dead from your antics? You've got to be kidding. Not in a million years!" Naomi asked, a blush rising to her cheeks and her eyes narrowing into slits.

"Vigg." Agent 1879 replied, a grin on his face.

"What?" Naomi queried, her arms protectively crossing her chest.

"You asked what it was," the Agent retorted while focusing on twiddling something in hand. All signs of the signs of amusement he had displayed before were gone, replaced with a directness and a hardness. Back to business.

"I'm not going to drink it," Naomi stated, a hard stare fixed into the Agent's eyes.

"I know." the Agent spit out, the humorous tone permanently gone.

He looked up at Naomi, leaned his head back and quaffed the beverage, afterwards giving her a serious glance, "It was a test." Agent 1879 declared, his bright, laughing grey eyes from just a moment ago before were dark and foreboding, filled with thought.

"You passed, or.... you failed, depending on which way you look at it," The Agent's focus moved to the commode in the corner. 

"Come on then." He proclaimed. The Agent beckoned for her to follow him, and calmly strode through the door and into the apprehensively metal hallway which took sudden wide and twisted turns and was lined on both sides with doors (metal as well, of course).

After a couple of minutes of parading the never ending chamber, Agent 1879 broke the hanging silence, reciting a promise that Naomi would never forget, "I don't know what's going on here, but I will figure it out, no matter how long it takes me."

With this serious pledge hanging in the air Naomi caught up to him, "I will remind you that I don't know you and that you've conducted a kidnapping here. Still, there was definitely something strange going on back home, I just couldn't tell what it was until you came. Thanks..thanks for everything you've done to help me." Without even looking at her the Agent could tell she was smiling, the warmth her expression was radiating could be felt from any distance. So, he smiled back.

However, this happy moment was quickly borken, as they had reached the correct door. With grate dramatics and flourish, the Agent turned the door knob and pushed.

Inside was a cherry desk piled with never-ending paper stacks. In the center, stood a white box. A computer? Naomi wasn't sure. Someone was crouched over pulling something out of the left drawer. 

"Vera!" the Agent questioned. At the sound of his voice, the couched over brunette stood up.

She was wearing large red glasses and her hair was pulled into a messy bun, strands of it hiding her face. The woman was wearing a neon pink long sleeved shirt, and neatly creased dress pants. 

"I'm back!" he stated, the smile on his face stretched up to his ears.

"I see you've brought someone," Vera laughed.

"We need to talk." the man's tone was back-to-business. To Naomi he was starting to seem bipolar with his so constant mood swings.

"Its a code 1-2-3-9-3," 1879 murmered.

"ITS A WHAT?!?! WHAT PLANET?" Vera cried, her face a mask of fear. She was visibly abashed and made no pains to hide it.

"Earth." Agent 1879 whispered and they all suddenly became quiet.