Chapter 3. Danny Boy

"If I were straight, I would totally wanna bang you." Danny chuckled as he sat down in the desk beside me in History class. I had arrived to school about ten minutes earlier than I usually do, I just wanted to get out of the house this morning, so I have been sitting here by myself waiting for someone to show up to speak to. 

I rolled my eyes as I situated my notebook and pen on my desk, "I assume that's a compliment on my appearance?"

"Absolutely," He grinned as he pulled out his text book. Everyone needs a Danny Mahealani in their life, honestly. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and I can't even begin to try and imagine my life without him with me in these dreaded classes. Not only is he really nice and super funny, he is a great person to talk to-- like, really talk to. 

"I mean, I'm no Lydia Martin." I laughed as I shook my head from side to side. Lydia is definitely the fashion icon at this school. She takes so much pride in looking the absolute best that she can, I've even witnessed her yelling at her mother about how she needed a specific necklace from Paris one summer so her mom had to pay all of this money for the necklace that went with one outfit. And that outfit has been retired my friends.

Danny gave me a look as he rose an eyebrow, "We all know that you're prettier than her. She just refuses to acknowledge it." 

"Does your best friend know that you talk about his girlfriend like that? I can't imagine that Jackson would like to hear that he isn't dating the prettiest girl in school," I scoffed in annoyance. Just talking about Jackass, I mean Jackson, is getting on my nerves. Honestly, I don't know what Lydia see's in him. 

He shrugged as he brushed the idea of Jackson knowing how Danny feel's about Lydia off, "I don't think he cares about my opinion. I mean I am into guys." 

"True," I chuckled as Mrs. Denton walked into the room. She had her wiry gray hair pulled up into a bun that resembled a birds nest on the top of her head, and her thick yellow rimmed glasses were perched on the bridge of her beak-like nose. She was a tiny woman, not much taller than my own 5"2 frame, and she was round like an apple. I will admit that I do like her cat sweater, if you cut the neckline wider and wore it as a crop top with some black leggings and combat boots I could definitely make it work. 

Danny then turned in his seat to fully face me, "I know that Lydia has already been pestering you about this, but who are you interested in going to the Winter Formal with?" 

"That's like two months away! I don't even know what I'm going to wear to school tomorrow, Danny, how I am supposed to plan that out!" I exclaimed as I gawked at him. Lydia has brought it up a total of five times, and I honestly have no idea who I want to go with, or if I even want to go at all. 

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Oh there has to be someone that you want to go with." 

There is someone that I would like to go with, and his name is Stiles Stilinski. I can just picture him in a suit, I bet he would look really handsome. I can't tell Danny that though, I mean he will probably think I'm weird. Not that I care about people thinking I'm weird, but I don't know. Maybe I should tell him? 

"Well... there is someone, but I don't think it will happen." I sighed in exasperation as I supported my chin with my hand on my desk, my elbow pressing into the cool wood. My eyes were locked on the board where Mrs. Denton was writing the lesson plans for the week, but my mind was wandering around in some fantasy land with Stiles wearing a tuxedo standing beside his blue jeep with a huge grin on his face. 

Here I go again with sounding like a freaking stalker. I need help. 

Danny scoffed, "Please. You're Kennedy Martin! You could have any guy that you freaking want."