Ch. 6 (PG): Bride's Family Wedding Night Ritual

"Thorin's Dream of Love", Ch. 6 (PG):  Bride's Family Wedding Night Ritual, October 12, 2013 Gratiana Lovelace

(This is an original fan fiction story by Gratiana Lovelace; All rights reserved;  The characters from "The Hobbit:  An Unexpected Journey" are owned by Warner Brothers, no copyright infringement is intended)

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story with my dream cast of:  Richard Armitage as Prince Thorin Oakenshield, Lucy Griffiths as Lady Kiralin, Jeffrey Thomas as King Thror, Mike Mizrahi as Prince Thrain, Lee Pace as King Thranduil, Graham McTavish as Lord Dwalin, Orlando Bloom as Prince Legolas, Evangeline Lilly as Captain Tauriel, Ken Stott as Lord Balin, and Hugo Weaving as Lord Elrond, and Adam Brown as Gralin, etc.]

Author's Mature Content Note:  "Thorin's Dream of Love" is a story of romance and intrigue set amidst the backdrop of Middle Earth.  As such there will be some passages in this story involving heartfelt love scenes (R rated) and some passages involving highly dramatic moments.  I will label the maturity rating of those chapters accordingly.  Otherwise, the general rating for this story is PG or PG-13 due to some mature situations and topics.  If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide, then please do not read the chapters with those labels.  This is my disclaimer.

Author's Recap from the previous installment:  After Prince Thorin had tried to push Lady Kiralin away before the banquet for her own sake--because he felt that their relationship had no future because he would not be allowed to marry her formally as Prince--what happened at the banquet changed everything.  Prince Thorin was so incensed by King Thranduil's insult of Lady Kiralin's seeming lack of Dwarven feminine attributes by wondering aloud if she were a hobbit--due to her lack o f beard, her not being round yet, and her petiteness--that Prince Thorin slipped away from the dais and then proposed to Lady Kiralin for all to see.  At first, Lady Kiralin did not believe Prince Thorin was in earnest.  His Father Prince and Grandfather King hoped that Prince Thorin was not in earnest.  And her father Lord Balin was wary of the whole situation.  But after Prince Thorin gave his Grandfather King Thror an ultimatum, King Thror relented and granted their wish to be married--giving them his Durin's Day marriage blessing.  Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin's joy was infectious as heartfelt applause ensued while they kissed to celebrate.

"Thorin's Dream of Love", Ch. 6 (PG):  Bride's Family Wedding Night Ritual

Afer bowing and curtsying to King Thror and Prince Thrain, Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin move to take their place with the other married couples this day--giving and receiving congratulations all around.  However Prince Thorin's celebration at claiming the now Princess Kiralin as his bride is a bit premature.  Because although their marriage has now received grudging but tacit approval from Prince Thorin's family, he has still yet to seek the same from her family. 

Quietly, Princess Kiralin's father, Lord Balin, her  mother, Lady Helga, her brother and Prince Thorin's Manservant Gralin, and her uncle Lord Dwalin walk over to Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin.   The other couples smilingly give Princess Kiralin's family room to come closer to them. Then the smiles droop.  Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin turn around to see her family standing before them.  As they did with Prince Thorin's family--Grandfather King Thror and Father Prince Thrain--Prince Thorin and Princess Kiralin bow and  curtsy to her family.  However, they are met with stern faces from Lord Balin's family [(2) right]--Lord Balin, Lady Helga, Lord Dwalin, and Gralin.

Lord Balin:  "I have lived too long to see a daughter of mine wed without proper courtship, nor even a mention of a specialness of feeling to her family.  Let alone, her intended not having the decency to come to me to request her hand in marriage."  Lord Balin's gaze is focused upon Prince Thorin as the chief culprit in Lord Balin's mind.