Epilogue- The Prince

Epilogue: The Prince

(723 words)

After Kevin fully forgave me I went home to change and get dressed only to find Linc and Roxanne sitting on the couch waiting for Ray to be done getting ready.

"Hey Linc, can you go find Ray-Ray and tell him to hurry up?" I asked as I poked Linc in his ticklish spot. He jumped up excited and took off to find my brother.

"Well you are sure glowing." Roxanne smiled.

"Yeah, Kevin kind of does that to me." I smiled, waiting for Roxanne to fully understand my meaning.

"Wow? Kevin Mathers huh?" Guess he would have won you over eventually, he's kind of had a boner for you for a while now." Roxanne joked, nudging me as I sat down next to her.

"Yeah, so how come you don't come to Wild Wooly's next Saturday, I'd love for you to see my Tom Cruise aka cocktail impression." I nudged her back.

"Yeah, I don't know Nicole, I'm kind of busy..." Roxanne started listing reasons before I cut her off.

"Why don't you want to go to Wild Wooly's Ro?"

"Truth?"

"Yeah, that's a good start." I answered sarcastically.

"I guess it just hold bad memories of that night and well..."

"Bad memories of Vince?" I said, catching my best friends' now widening green eyes.

"So Kevin told you?"

"No, I figured it out."

"He tried to sleep with you to?" Roxanne smirked.

"I'm guessing he's probably tried to sleep with everyone by now."

"Did you?"

I turned to my friend and rolled my eyes. "Come on now, Kevin and Vince? What am I, Shannon?" Roxanne started laughing at me.

"She tried to sleep with Kevin the other night, he turned her down flat, got her all worked up. She came in the restaurant and was asking me if he ever hit on me, or if he ever messed around with Dane, god she's weird." Roxanne and I chuckled. "Then she asked me flat out if Dane was the dad. Nosey bitch."

"Did she really think that? Even though he's gay."

"Yeah, I think a lot of people figure in the end, it's all just sex. Dane did have a girl encounter though, just not me."

"Really? Dane? I find that impossible."

"Yeah, well why you were in your little happy couple world Dane's dad was breathing down his neck about some porn he found. Dane was all upset and figured he would see if it was a fluke like he dad said, so he slept with a girl after the homecoming dance."

"Who?" My eyes bugged out of my head imagining Dane compromising himself with a female.

"Remember our ten year reunion, how Jessica Stead got all weirded out when she saw Dane and took off?"

The fog in my mind parted slowly as I recalled the plump little greeter practically knocking over crowds in her haste to get away from us. "Wow!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess she really liked him, Dane felt bad, I guess they keep in contact now after the reunion." Roxanne searched down the hallway for Ray.

"So you going to talk to Vince about Linc?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah, I guess." Roxanne shuffled her feet nervously. "So is Kevin the white slipper guy?"

"My Prince in White Loafers? I don't know, I don't think so. He never mentioned it."

"Bummer."

"Nah still got a prince." I smiled as we giggled together.

In a large house on the newly developed side of Chula Vista

"Honey, come to bed!"

"Coming, I'm just getting my clothes out for tomorrow."

"Did you take out the clothes you want donated to the goodwill, they are coming tomorrow and we need to have them ready for pick up."

Richard searches through his closet, moving boxes till he comes to an old dusty box shoved in the back.

He opens it up, staring down at the scuffed white loafers inside. He closes the box, likes he's closed that chapter in his life and places them just outside the closet along with a pile of Brandy's clothes.

"Everything that needs to go is here babe. I've emptied everything out." Richard smiles to himself.

"Good, no keeping old stuff!" Brandy calls from the bed.

"No, I've moved on." Richard turns off the light in the closet and joins Brandy in bed.