Damaged (Prologue)

So tell me what you guys think of this story! I promise this is the last story I'll be uploaing for now. I have three stories to post.

Anyway, comment, vote, and fan please. This story is going to be different from my other stories. <3

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

                                                                Prologue

                                                    (Damaged- Danity Kane)

          Don’t you hate when statistics show that a certain percentage of relationships will fail—whether it’s in high school, college, or marriage? Truth is, no one can really say if a relationship will fail or not. It’s a 50/50 chance that you’ll either get your heart broken and your relationship will totally suck, or you can grow up to marry your high school sweetheart. Either way, you’re taking a big risk.

         It was actually ridiculous to think that out of all the people in the world, I would be the unfortunate one; not that I would wish this on anybody else. I was being delusional though, this happened to women and men every day and I was no different. It's just crazy how life works in mysterious ways. What you experience in life, good or bad, can either shape or mold who you're going to be or you can rise above and shake it off. Not let the wrongs of the world bring you down.

          Not like I was letting the wrong experiences in my life bring me down. I wasn't doing it intentionally; I just didn't know how to deal with it. It was stressing me out and I had no one to go to about it. I didn’t get along to well with most of the girls in my school seeing as I was dating the Quarter Back at the time. Of course I was hated. I did have one good friend who I had been avoiding for the last couple of months.

          I didn’t want to talk to her because I knew what she wanted to talk about. It would just drag me further into the depression I was already in.

           I was normally an introverted person but for once in my life, I just wished I wasn't alone.

          I used to fantasize about what I would be doing in the future. Like anybody else I had big dreams. I loved to read and I wanted to go to college for journalism. I planned to go for four years, get a job at a magazine company or a publishing company. All of this was to be done by the time I was 23. Then came the finding “Mr. Right”, (Which I thought I’d already found) and settling down. Next was to have my dream wedding, because let’s face it. Every girl dreams about getting married one day and having a fairytale wedding. I even had the color schemes down and where I wanted it to happen. On a beach.

          Now that’s quite cliché but what can I say? I’m a sucker for romance. Anyway, then came the kids. I wanted two, a boy and a girl. I preferred the boy to come first so that he could be older and protect his little sister from the ‘evils’ that teenage boys pose. I know you can’t control what gender comes first but a girl can hope.

          I would be living in a three story home (including the attic), 2 and a half bathrooms (including the Master Bath), and five bedrooms. The kitchen I wasn’t really worried about because I couldn’t cook to save my life. And all of this was to be done by the time I was 30.

          What I didn’t factor in was that I would be experiencing something so life changing that it would throw me off my course. This plan that I had going for me was all going down the drain thanks to one low life of a man who didn’t deserve me in the first place. It sounds harsh but what he did to me was a hell of a lot worse. It scarred me.

          And till this day I still haven’t gotten over it. It happened a year ago when I was eighteen, at my high school graduation party. I’m nineteen now.

          But here I was sitting in my room, on my window seat watching the rain fall. My head leaned against the cool glass and troubling thoughts swirled around in my head. Right now I would be on break from college for the Christmas Holidays, but I don’t even go to college. I don’t even work. I do what I’m doing now which is sit in my room all day and think. Think about how life goes on.