Kaleidoscope Heart (Working On)

Chapter One: Kaleidoscope Heart

My room painted the color of a soft shade of grey filling me with thoughts of my past. The floors made out of a dark oak wood that has a glossy coating. The light pink and dark grey of my silk sheets nice made, the color of my pillows matching it with the same colors. The bed I am lying on is fit for a queen and hand crafted out of white cold steel that lifts about 3 inches off the ground. The bed facing forwards making it the first thing you see when you open the door; two white night tables on each side of my bed with circle mirrors hanging over them, and silver lamps on both of the tables. My white four-leveled dresser on the right side of my room with some old drawling catered on it. The window taking up the completely left side of the wall, the curtains a light pink color. My closet door painted a snowy white color with a silver dull doorknob is on the right side of the window.

Song:

All the colors

Of the rainbow

Hidden 'Neath my skin

Hearts have colors

Don't we all know?

Red runs through our veins

Feel the fire burning up

Inspire me with blood

Of blue and green

I have hope

Inside is not a heart

But a kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Heart by Sara Bareilles

That song played repeatedly like a broken record player. As I am sitting on my bed, I could not help but wonder what inspired her to make such lyrics. Her music inspires me in my life choices. I know most people say you should look for guidance in your family. Well, it is hard to do that when you do not even have a family to ask for guidance.

Yea, I do have a dad but he is not the type to talk about girl problems at all. My mother, well, she is in North Carolina living with her mother. My dad and my mom had separated when I was five, we use to live in Wilmington, North Carolina together, but they had too many problems. Now, I live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with my father. I am not sure what type of problems they had but they must have been serious to make them not speak to each other for about twelve years.

"Kaleidoscope Heart, what is a kaleidoscope?" I asked myself.

I got up from my bed, walked over to my dresser, to get my clothes from the. The first levels of my dresser are with my personals. I grabbed my black strapless bra and my black panties with a little red bow on the front of it. I closed that level and moved on the next on, which is full of my shirts and pants. I pulled out my white spaghetti strap tank top and black skinny jeans. I closed drawer, walked back over to my bed, and laid the clothes neatly on the bed.

I left my room and walked out into the cream hallway. My room is right in front of the steps to go down stairs; I looked down the steps to see if my dad was in the living room, nobody was in there. Everything in the living pretty much looked the same black leather couch, the small glass made table made out of black steel coming two inches off the ground, and the 48in. flat screen TV mounted in the wall with a black rectangle two level wooden stand under it.

"Dad must be sleeping in his room." I said to myself.

I quietly walked pasted my father's room so I would not wake him. I stopped in front of the door that leads me into the bathroom. I grab the silver knob, turned it to the right, and then, lightly pushed on the wooden white door; the bathroom looked like any other bathroom; everything in the bathroom was white except for the floors and the showerhead, the showerhead shiny silver and the floor tiles were in a black and white pattern.

I turned on the shower to a nice warm temperature, took off my clothes, and got in the shower. After, that thirty-minute shower, I got out, took the white shower off the hook, and wrapped it around me. I then opened the door to the bathroom, the breeze from the air het my skin sending cool chills down my spine; I brushed it off quickly through. I walked back into my room, put on my clothes, and went down stairs. I grabbed my short sleeve black jacket, my Coco & Channel country bag from off the coat rack, and left the house.

_____________________________________________________________________

This is my first time writing a Romance novel and this is how I an going to be writting it. And I want to know if I'm any good so far. Please leave Comments and Reviews below :) (This isn't all I'm going to write on the first chapter)