Vampire Knight FANFICTION "Resonance" Chapter 1, A Fresh Start

Kaname stopped the car. "Were here, Yuki." He looked over to see Yuki gazing out her car window at the small village. "Where are we?" Yuki turned to Kaname. He smiled as he unclipped his seatbelt. "We are at a place that was passed down by generations. Only purebloods know about this village." Yuki watched as Kaname came and opened the door for her. " Do you like this place, Yuki?" She stared at the village, not knowing what to say. This place seemed cold and lifeless. The houses were all grey, the footpath was grey, the people had grey clothes and seemed to mope around as if they were stuck in a spiral of depression. Yuki then looked up to Kaname and saw his beaming face, so full of life. At the sight of him, the lifeless feelings went away, as if Kaname was the sun and had just escaped from behind the clouds, lighting up Yuki's world. She smiled at him. "Its perfect!" Even though this was a lie, Yuki felt that with Kaname around her, the town wouldn't feel so emotionless. Kaname smiled back at her and offered a hand to help her out of the car.

As Kaname approached the town, a woman stopped and stared at him as if he were a god. "Kaname? Is it really you!" She dropped her basket of fruit and began running towards him. "Everyone look! Its Kaname Kuran! He has returned!" The womans voice alerted everyone and they all immediately stopped what they were doing. Yuki was still at the car unloading the bags when she heard the womans cry. She stopped and looked over to see her bolting towards Kaname. "How does she know Kaname?" The women noticed Yuki in the background and stopped dead in her tracks. "Could she be the Kuran Princess?" Kaname noticed the woman staring at Yuki and smiled. "I see you have noticed my new lover, Katherine?" The women's eyes never left Yuki. "So she is the Kuran Princess then?" Kaname nodded. Yuki was standing at the car and became paralized when she noticed the woman. Kaname turned to her and ushered her to come and meet her. "Don't worry, Yuki. This woman wont hurt you." Yuki cautiously approached the village, grabbing Kanames arm when she reached him. "Yuki, meet lady Katherine. She was my mothers best friend when she was younger." Katherine dropped to her knees and bowed before the two of them. "Its an honour to meet you, Lady Yuki." By this time, the rest of the village folk had gathered behind the woman and were staring at Kaname and Yuki in surprise. After a few short seconds, the crowd all dropped to their knees aswell, welcoming the two of them. Kaname grinned and Yuki losened her grip on him arm. "Thank you all for such a warm welcome. In case you haven't noticed, this is my new lover, Yuki. She has been moving around with me a lot lately, so please make her feel at home. That is, if you all don't mind us staying here with you all."

The crowd all cheered at the news of Kaname and Yuki deciding to stay at the village. Yuki smiled at the sound of their cheers and felt a little more comfortable being in the village, but she still couldn't shake the feeling of dispare that lingered around her. Kaname looked at her, sensing that something was wrong. "Are you ok, Yuki?" She glanced up at him. "Yes im fine." A man from the back of the crowd stepped forward and turned to the gathering of people. "Quiet everyone! Please contain your exitment!" There was silence amongst the crowd. The man started to speak. "Now that i have your attention, i would like you all to please help get Lord Kaname and Lady Yuki settled in." He turned to a lady on the left of the crowd. "Emily, would you please sort out accomodation for them please." She nodded and ran off. The man then turned to a man on the right of the crowd. "Edward, would you please go and get their bags and place them at the door of their room." He also nodded and ran towards the car. The rest of the crowd eagerly awaited their orders. The man pointed towards the small stalls on the right side of the footpath. "Everyone else, make sure your stalls are tidy and fully stocked. If Lord Kaname or Lady Yuki need anything i want you to show them top notch manners and give them anything they need!" The crowd all bowed to the man, then ran off in different directions. Kaname put his hand on the mans shoulder. "Thank you, Glen." Glen turned and smiled at Kaname. "Don't mention it!" Kaname introduced Yuki to him. "This is Glen, he was my friend when i used to live here. He knew Takuma aswell." Yuki bowed to the man. "A pleasure to meet you, Glen." Glen bowed also. "The pleasure is all mine." He then turned towards Katherine, who was still standing beside him. "Katherine, would you please show the two of them around?" Katherine bowed and smiled at Kaname and Yuki. "I guess i'll be your tour guide." Kaname smiled. "Its been a long time, Katherine." She smiled back at him. "Too long."

Katherine showed Yuki and Kaname around the small village, making sure they knew where everything was. "The markets are where you go to buy all your needs like food and clothes. You will find almost anything there because the people here all have different abilities, whether it be to sew clothes or sow crops." She stopped and pulled an old looking map out of her pocket, handing it to Kaname. "This is a map of the town, in case you forget where anything is." Kaname thanked Katherine and unraveled the paper, taking the key and putting the map into his own pocket. Katherine then showed them to their house which had their bags sitting on the steps. "This is your chosen house. Your key is inside the map. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask me. I will be three doors down from you." With that, Katherine bowed to the two of them and walked off.

Kaname unlocked the door of the house. "Ill take the bags inside, take a look around whilst i do." Yuki nodded and stepped inside the old, wooden house. The house contained two stories. Not much lay on the bottem story. A few arm chairs lay scattered around a television in one room, another contained a small table in the center of a room with writing material laid neatly on it. A few more rooms made up the bottem story, but they didn't hold much more that a few drawers and tables. Yuki made her way upstairs. The top story was where the more important rooms were held, like the bathroom and kitchen. At the very back of the first story, the bedroom was held. Yuki made her way into it and sat down on the bed. "What is it with this place?" Yuki thought to herself. "No matter what i do, i cant seem to get rid of this bad feeling!" Suddenly, Yuki heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She sprung up and acted normal again, not wanting to upset Kaname. "Yuki, are you ok? I couldn't hear your footsteps and wondered if you had come in here to have a rest from the long drive?" Kaname stood in the doorway of the room. Yuki put on a fake smile. "Im fine, i was just admiring the room. Would you like help with the bags?" Kaname knew something was wrong, so walked over to Yuki, pulling her into a hug. "You can tell me if anything is bothering you, you know that, don't you Yuki?" Yuki, overwhelmed by the dark feeling, wiped away a tear that had escaped her eyes. She couldn't help but burst into tears. "Why am i crying? Whats wrong with me! Im going to make Kaname upset!" No matter how hard Yuki tried, she couldn't stop the stream of tears from trickling down her face. Kaname let go of Yuki and looked into her eyes. "Whats wrong? Why are you crying Yuki?" Yuki wished she could answer that question aswell.

(Stay tunned for Chapter 2, Search for the vampires)