my v is for vendetta

Billie Eilish - Bellyache
"Maybe it's in the gutter where I left my lover
What an expensive fate
My V is for Vendetta
Thought that I'd feel better
But now I got a bellyache"

Chapter Eight
Carrisa

"You don't own a license. How do you plan to get there? Walking?" Gwen emphasized every syllable as I picked whatever I found to get out the door at that right moment.

"No, of course not. I'll just..."

Where did I leave my purse?

"...uber, okay?"

"What?! You can't uber." She said.

Found it!

"What if something happens? Dude, Serenity is pretty bad."

I was out the door by this point and opening my uber app.

"Believe me, I know."

"I officially don't care what you say. I'm already heading to your house, and we're going together to that party."

"Gwen, you don—"

"—I do. We're friends. This is what we're here for."

I stayed silent.

"I know, I screwed up. You're right. I should've known better...and I'm sorry, I was a really shitty friend. I was a gigantic ass and I'm truly and really sorry."

A pair of headlights blinded me as a car parked right in front of my house. Gwen's head was out the window, "Come on," Gwen said as she opened the co-pilot's car door. "Your sister needs you."

I ran towards the car and hop in, "I hope we get there before something happens. " I said as I put my seat belt on, "I have a bad feeling."

I feel Gwen's hand upon my mine, she squeezes it. She turns toward the road and steps on the gas pedal towards the freeway. "We'll get there."

Malcom Twain's house is infested with cars. Gwen parks in the middle of the road, "Come on," she says as she takes the car keys between her hands. I race to the door, "Serenity?" I call out her out, but the music is blasting. "Sorry, have you seen Serenity?" I ask to random strangers one by one.

"Last time I saw her," a random girl finally says. "She was in the guest room. She was completely out."

"Where's that?" I ask worried. "Umm, upstairs, I think." I race to the stairs, I see a huge circle of people surrounding a door. A guy is being taken by two guys. Gwen grabs me by the chest and pushes me to the side. I make my way through the crowd. I can finally see her, she's sitting in the edge of the bedroom.

"Serenity!" I shout as I reach towards her. "W-what happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Some creep tried to take advantage of her," a voice says. There's a boy next to her, he doesn't look like he's from
here. For starters, he's wearing a belt, to a party, and a coat, and shoes, like real shoes. Shoes that are covered in puke.

"Nothing happened to her," he says, "I got here before he did anything. Your sister wasn't as unconscious as he thought."

"Thank you—"

"You don't have to thank me," He cuts me off. "It was really fucked up situation. Of course, I was going to do something."

"Still, thank you...umm—"

—Sebastian." He adds and smiles softly.

"I'm really sorry about your shoes," Serenity mumbles. She stands up, "Just give me your phone and send me the bill."

"It's fine, don't worry."

"Oh god, why do you have to be so nice? Just give me it," Serenity approaches him and snaps his phone out of his pocket.  Sebastian looks really confused, he blinks a couple of times.

"Serenity!" I shout. She was clearly making him uncomfortable.

"This is so fucking embarrassing," she manages to spit out. She squints her eyes as she types her phone. "Here," she throws the phone back at him. Sebastian barely catches it. "Don't call me, nor text me for chitchatting. Just the bill."

"I'm gonna take her with me," I say apologetic. "I'm sorry for the trouble. Thanks for the help."

"Don't touch me," she hisses as we head out the door. The music has been cut off and everyone's eyes are on us. "This is so fucking embarrassing. I can't believe it. Who told you were to find me?"

"Malcom Twain's Snapchat story did." Gwen interrupted as she opened the door to her car. "You should be thanking your sister."

"For what? You heard the guy, he was the one that helped me. Carrisa just embarrassed me. I could've ordered an uber. "

Gwen rolls her eyes, "I think you embarrassed yourself on your own. Carrisa is being a good older sister."

"Listen Gwen, If I wanted to hear your advice, I would've asked."

"Listen, Serenity, you're in my car so I would shove it."

"If you have a problem, I'll just Uber."

Gwen starts the car, a strong beep is heard. She frowns, "It says my tires are low."  She exits the car.

A strong knock is heard against my window, making me jump. The person grins wickedly. My breath thickens. I could see figures through the polarized window, they were a total of four figures surrounding us with their bats. My hand shook as I reached for the door, unsure and scared.

"I'm going to crack the window open," the guy points out his bat next to me.

I opened the door. As I exited my body crashed into the guy's chest making my heart literally stop beating. Our eyes met and I swear I had never been so scared in my life. As the street light illuminated the scene, everything became even scarier. My breath shortened as he said; "Boo."