34. Ryder Van Woodsen by jerileekaye

Start from the beginning

4. So does Astrid have any of your traits?

Yes. She’s stubborn. And that’s how I am. I don’t read guys’ signals easily or accurately. Like is different from love. If a guy wants to let me know how he feels about me, he must do it the only possible way I would understand it: SAY IT. LOUD AND CLEAR. No signals. No signs. No reading between the lines.

5. Who is your inspiration for Ryder?

For me, Ryder is a person on his own.The reason why I didn’t have a cast for the book is because I don’t have anybody to compare him to. Or maybe a little bit of Captain America. LOL! In the end he’s your romance superhero. Charming on the outside, tough on the inside.

6. Best chapter of Knight in the Shining Armani, according to you?

The chapter WEDDING ALBUM. This is the chapter that Ryder finally remembers Astrid. I loved writing this book because I rewrote some of my favourite scenes in Ryder’s perspective. I had fun writing the pickup lines, and how a guy like Ryder was so nervous approaching Astrid. I also liked translating the hidden messages between the guys during Bryan’s and Ryder’s encounter. My heart broke as I wrote about Ryder realizing all the mean things he said and did to Ash.This chapter for me is nostalgic and funny at the same time. It’s the chapter where you want to laugh and then cry, which is just amazing to write. :D

7. If Ryder had to give tips on marriage.What would he say?

“Make your honeymoon last forever.”

Ryder is a guy who would make everyday count and everyday memorably romantic.

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Author: A LOT. MAYBE CASSANDRA CLARE; JUDITH MCNAUGHT; NORA ROBERTS among others.

B. Marriage: Bliss

C.Three Favourite Things About Weddings: The way the groom looks while the bride approaches him. The Vows, the First Kiss.

D.BEING A MOTHER: A magical experience

E.Work: Challenging

9.So you are planning on re-editing KISA, tell us more about it?

Yes. I’ve edited the first part now. If I can’t use Knight in Shining Armani, I need to replace it with Knight in a Shining Suit. The second portion where Ryder gets into an accident will be called Chasing Ever After. This is now undergoing editing. It would be like four or five chapters longer than what’s on Wattpad. Paris didn’t appear in the first part anymore. I made her six years older than she is. Chasing Ever After has a lot about Paris also. I’ve also introduced Kevin Moore, who is Astrid’s ex. And in the third book, I’d write about Ryder’s revenge on this guy for what he did to Ash in the past.

10. Give us a little teaser on Somewhere in middle & Adam & Nicole's story?

Here's a short glimpse of SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE. I'm rewriting this. But this part will surely stay. :D

"Alright, here’s a tough one!” Kristen said to me, her eyes twinkling. “I dare you, to come up to Rafe McKenzie and...”

“Ask for his number?” I supplied for her. I need not go up there. If they only knew that his number is the first one on my speed dial! My friends didn’t know that Kyle, my beloved best friend, the most significant person in my life, and Rafe McKenzine, the hotshot playboy they’ve all been swooning for is one and the same person. Kristen shook her head.

“No. It’s nothing. What I want you to do is to... give him a smack on the lips.”

“What?” Jacques asked. “What?” Claire asked.

“Come on Kristen. You can’t do that to her! She’ll embarrass herself! And she’s not some loose girl!” Jacques said.

“She can just steal a kiss and get out of here. We’ll meet her outside once we settle the bill. Come on, girls! Jasmine is gorgeous! I’m sure Rafe McKenzie won’t mind!”

“What’s in it for me?” I said, raising my chin. They all stared back at me, as if they can’t even believe that I considering of doing it.

“You don’t pay for tonight’s bill. And the coffee treat nights will skip you ten turns.” Kristen said, challenging me.

“Alright, you ladies. Brace yourselves.” I said, spraying mouth spray. I shrugged off my jacket to reveal the black tube blouse I was wearing under it.

“You’re really going to do it?” Claire asked wearily.

“Watch and learn, kids.” I said boldly.

“But he’s already flirting with that redhead!” Jacques protested. “He might blow you off.”

“If I’m good, I can get his attention and he’ll blow her off.” I smiled wickedly.

I marched over to where Kyle was. He saw me coming. Glad to know that he was still somewhat aware of my presence. And the look on his face told me that he knew I was drunk out of my wits. He’s still my overprotective best friend. But I was happy at least that once he saw me approaching, I have his full attention. He didn’t even look at the redhead again. The redhead he was flirting with shot me an antagonizing look when she realized what took his attention away from her.

“Hey.” I said to him. The redhead looked like she was going to tell me to go away any minute.

“Hey.” He said. I went closer to him and whispered in his ear.

“I hope you’ll be happy to get rid of that carrot-top you’re flirting with.”

“Why?” He asked. I smiled and said, “Because if not, then you’ll really hate me for this.” Without warning or giving him time to react, I pressed my lips into his.

The first touch of our lips was electrifying. It was something I wasn’t expecting. Something I was not ready for. Something I haven’t felt before. Not even with Andrew. It was intense. Too intense, I was afraid I couldn’t handle it.

I wanted to pull away but it was too late. Because he’s wrapped his arms around me. I gave him a deep kiss. But just one kiss. But now, he is kissing me. And this kiss was not like any other I’ve shared with any man before. It wasn’t persuading. It wasn’t teasing. It wasn’t aggressive. It wasn’t demanding. But instead, there was a sense of desperation into it. It was almost begging. But it was passionate. A moan escaped from my lips into his. And he invaded my mouth gently with his tongue.

I couldn’t let go. I didn’t want to let go. I wanted to cry. I felt as desperate as his kisses. It was the first time he really kissed me. Not just the quick smack or gentle kisses we shared many years ago. And I wanted him to do it over and over. Because it was the most heart-breaking, mentally-disturbing, wits-shaking kiss I’ve ever had. But it was also the one that said a thousand words in a thousand different languages I couldn’t understand. When he stopped, he tightened his grip around my waist and he leaned his forehead against mine. He had his eyes closed. He sucked in a deep breath.

“You’re walking on thin ice, Anna.” He said to me.

=====

Thanks for this wonderful interview @jerileekaye. Link of KISA is on the external link :)

A/N: Hey guys, thanks a lot for your support on this book. Warm welcome to my new followers. If any of you is intrested in making a cover or trailer for WH , please PM me. I really need them. Oh and please read my other books and give me feedback :)

Loads of love, Saloni